UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Where's the recruiting talk?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a starter for 1 year explains why the FBS schools didn't offer him a full ride but if JMU is looking at him he is the real deal.

Daryl B...I agree with you. He may have been told you have an opportunity to play your Frosh year. Fiacci played well last year and Meeks was a good change up player. The transfer from Colgate is no joke either ....gonna be an interesting Spring. Thats 4 good qb's and one potentially great one.

As we have seen in the past, somebody is gonna leave the program or transfer to another school once a decision is made. Gonna happen a lot at all positions. This will occur with regularity as we transition from a partial scholarship program to a full scholly program. Some of the kids that have been there for a year or two may get pushed aside when 57 brand new thouroughbreds arrive on campus with a full ride in their pocket.

I wonder how long it will be until we get the steady influx of FBS kids that don't make it for one reason or another. Delaware and JMU roster's are loaded with FBS transfers as well as JUCO transfers.

If HVCC didn't suck (they didnt used too when Dave Bochette was coaching there. They had tons of FBS kids in those days) we could have a pipeline of JUCO talent.

Gonna be real exciting vthis year

Edited by Ruler

Will, barring some crazy downward spiral or injury...and based on historical reference, will be the QB for the next two years. Bank it. Meeks is a good change of pace guy...but my guess is he is going 100% receiver while Ryan Smith (I think that is the Colgate kid) vies for #2.

The Spielman kid will be converted in my opinion as he is big, bruising, can run and has hands.

This Oakton kid will be R-Shirted...run the Scout team to get experience..and another kid will also be brought into the fold in the next class. These two kids (the unnamed and the Virginia kid) will be fighting it out to start in 2015-16 as a R-Shirt Soph. This kid has great size...great speed...and looks like a strong arm...but he cocks the ball really funny and frankly, his throwing motion looks like it is a little slow right now. This is all teachable and he seems VERY accurate.

Edited by Dane96

In the previous post about Marcel Ngachie (LB VERBAL) I noted he had offers from:

Delaware, Hawaii, Syracuse, Virginia

Assuming it is accurate, ESPN (Scout) says he also had offers from:

Georgia Tech

Maryland

Purdue

Richmond

http://espn.go.com/c.../marcel-ngachie

Again, if true, some serious company.

Edited by haggyland

Here's one from the "Dare to Dream" category: Ebenezer Ogundeko, DE from Brooklyn, NY.

#10 nationally at his position, #1 in NY (all positions); verballed with Clemson.

http://espn.go.com/c...enezer-ogundeko

If the offer is true, wow! Half the SEC is listed there.

Edited by haggyland

In the previous post about Marcel Ngachie (LB COMMIT) I noted he had offers from:

Delaware, Hawaii, Syracuse, Virginia

Assuming it is accurate, ESPN (Scout) says he also had offers from:

Georgia Tech

Maryland

Purdue

Richmond

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/150616/marcel-ngachie

Again, if true, some serious company.

I'll be surprised if he signs with us next week. We're in a new layer of recruits, a lot of which are on the standby lists for FBS schools who will open up scholarships right up until signing day as their top picks choose other schools.

Unfortunatly I find myself looking more and more towards football...loving the talk in this thread plus the tweet from UAFootball...

Football oozes with excellence...even in a down years we are competing for a tittle. Bob Ford has built a culture of excellence and nothing less is good enough...Coach Abe is doing the same.

Edited by Clickclack

Offensive tackle Eric Hampson, from Florida. Verballed with Old Dominion:

http://hamptonroads....ay-football-odu

CAA benefiting recruiting? Try this quote:

"Hampson said Nagy began recruiting him shortly after being hired at ODU in December. He said he became intrigued with ODU when visiting Albany, which plays the Monarchs next season.

"They were talking about how they were going to play Old Dominion and that was a big deal," he said. "That made me think that Old Dominion is a big deal.""

Edited by haggyland

I'll be surprised if he signs with us next week. We're in a new layer of recruits, a lot of which are on the standby lists for FBS schools who will open up scholarships right up until signing day as their top picks choose other schools.

Agreed, and when you look at his recruiting page it says he has a "soft verbal".