UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Facilities - Next Step?

Facilities?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My order of preference:

1. Finish the lower bowl at Bob Ford Field - this assumes they put really cheap temp visitors bleachers in now. If they go all out on the visitors side now, I could see waiting a little bit longer.

2. Field house/indoor practice facility - all of our sports need this. The bubble is outdated and basically a waste of space.

3. Renovate SEFCU

4. Athletic Admin Facility in the End Zone of Bob Ford Field

Fallon Field is done to me. The bathrooms and concessions can be shared with Bob Ford Field if need be and lets be honest - if there is a big lacrosse game, it should be played at BFF anyway.

Baseball facility is horrendous, but that's live in the Northeast unless a donor wants to step up.

BTW - I think they could do some really good things to SEFCU that wouldn't necessarily qualify as a renovation.

Video board, chairback, etc... isn't really a renovation.

Fair enough and agreed...I'm not talking about gutting the place...a couple of mil would do wonders for that place. The capacity is fine where it is but amenities are lacking, fan experience could be a lot better.

Fair enough and agreed...I'm not talking about gutting the place...a couple of mil would do wonders for that place. The capacity is fine where it is but amenities are lacking, fan experience could be a lot better.

For some reference on costs and impact, UB completed a mix of minor renovation and fan experience upgrades 2 years ago for $5M+, very much like you are thinking of, which contributed greatly to a noticable increase in average attendance to the tune of 1000/game: http://www.buffalo.e...i_upgrades.html

The sound, lighting and structural work was funded through the university’s critical maintenance budget [structural work on the arena's ceiling cost $1M]. The $2.4 million cost of the video scoreboard, end-zone scoreboards, courtside tables and control room was financed with private donations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOJqsSDvV8g

Edited by UBBulls

The link I presume to youtube didn't post...can you repost just the link if that is what you did just put a leading number before the http so we can cut and paste into browser. My earlier link to a youtube also didn't link properly, looks like the board is trying to embed it.

The link I presume to youtube didn't post...can you repost just the link if that is what you did just put a leading number before the http so we can cut and paste into browser. My earlier link to a youtube also didn't link properly, looks like the board is trying to embed it.

Sure: 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOJqsSDvV8g

Edited by UBBulls

I can appreciate the excitement that is being felt with the construction of the multi sport complex but when do we get to baseball and softball? It seems that most on here would rather continuously improve the new stadium and SEFCU while pretty much ignoring the other teams. For the very same reasons that a multi sport complex was wanted and renovations to the SEFCU are desired.....the baseball and softball complexes are in need of renovation and improvement. It would be nice that all supporters of UA sports come on board and support this. For the cost of some of these luxury items, the baseball and softball teams could be playing in complexes that are more indicative of Division 1 programs. I realize that most of you are saying that baseball and softball are not revenue creating sports. While that is true, does that mean that those student athlete deserve far inferior facilities? I always thought that in the end....we the supporters of UA sports supported all the sports. Baseball and softball players work hard and deserve our support as well!

For some reference on costs and impact, UB completed a mix of minor renovation and fan experience upgrades 2 years ago for $5M+, very much like you are thinking of, which contributed greatly to a noticable increase in average attendance to the tune of 1000/game: http://www.buffalo.e...i_upgrades.html

The sound, lighting and structural work was funded through the university’s critical maintenance budget [structural work on the arena's ceiling cost $1M]. The $2.4 million cost of the video scoreboard, end-zone scoreboards, courtside tables and control room was financed with private donations.

I feel like they would need to raise the height of the roof at SEFCU to accommodate something like that.

I'm about to post something very harsh, because it needs to be said.

Baseball and Men's track and field fans should be very happy we still have those sports.

They are the first to get cut in favor of increasing spending on revenue sports which need a Title IX balance. Towson just cut baseball. James Madison cut T&F a few years ago, shortly after building a new track.

We can't even classify the new multi-purpose facility a MINI STADIUM, until the entire lower bowl and the visitor's side is constructed & permanent.

Then we make a choice.. do we continue with additional upper decks @ the stadium?

A new field house?

Danefan's post a FACT.

And I can tell fans here this: Baseball WAS periliously close to getting dropped at Albany even before the move up to the CAA. That's also a FACT.

And GD87...I LOVE baseball!

Edited by Dane96

My order of preference...

- SEFCU renovations including main scoreboard, two video boards, more chair-backs, lighting, paint etc.

- Finish lower bowl of Bob Ford Field

- Field House

- Athletic Admin Facility

I pretty much agree with this order, but would replace #4 Admin with baseball/softball upgrades. But I REALLY like mad dogs massive donation idea and do ALL.

Edited by dslyank