UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Facilities - Next Step?

Facilities?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am back from the disappointing end of the softball season today at Binghamton.

But I will say Binghamton's upgrades to both their softball and baseball fields make them both look like a mid major d1 facilities in those sports should look like in my opinion.

If we want to stay competitive in all sports (and host championships) we will have to upgrade facilities in those sports as well at some point. I don't know where the money will come from and I don't know where Binghamtons money came from, but I would hate for Albany to be dropping sports or becoming non competitive. We pride ourselves in being an overall solid university and overall solid athletic program. We are not a $iena college that can only do 1 thing.

Bob, I am shocked that you actually admit $iena CAN actually DO one thing. Or did you mean they think they can do one thing. Anyhow, I agree baseball and softball DO deserve facility upgrades. Tough to compete and recruit with inferior facilities. Some said baseball was lucky to exist at UA; but if they are to exist they should be given every chance to be competitive.

Even though I voted SEFCU renovations...if this pilot season in the CAA goes well and we have very strong ticket demand I'd probably move PhaseII of the stadium ahead of SEFCU. I'm just not sure we can gauge interest...if the stadium of less then 75% sold out on average...what we have now is enough.

Bob, I am shocked that you actually admit $iena CAN actually DO one thing. Or did you mean they think they can do one thing. Anyhow, I agree baseball and softball DO deserve facility upgrades. Tough to compete and recruit with inferior facilities. Some said baseball was lucky to exist at UA; but if they are to exist they should be given every chance to be competitive.

Very valid point dslyank.

Bob, I am shocked that you actually admit $iena CAN actually DO one thing. Or did you mean they think they can do one thing. Anyhow, I agree baseball and softball DO deserve facility upgrades. Tough to compete and recruit with inferior facilities

. Some said baseball was lucky to exist at UA; but if they are to exist they should be given every chance to be competitive.

Thanks for making the point better than I did.

As far as the one thing LCC does well, I am going just going on their own admissions. They say their basketball team is the one thing they can do well. But even in thier recent high win years it came at the expense of academics and character.. To me when you have players from yor ncaa teams being arrested, it is not good. It is even worse to have a player arrested on your 20 loss team.

A bit OT but I noticed in recent pics of the campus/podium that the Carillon tower is green. What's up with that?

Primer as part of the renovation; from Facilities Mgmt:

"The massive tower scaffolding and full coverage with sound attenuation blankets were removed in December after internal tank welding repair work, internal tank sandblasting and interior tank final painting was completed. The exterior painting was started but could not be completed due to cold weather conditions. Please note; the Water Tower exterior surfaces are currently just “prime” painted. The final tower exterior painting and coatings will begin in the spring and the tower will return to its white with gold accent ribs look. Workers will be using swing scaffolding to complete the final painting. "