UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Great Dane Pregame Tailgate - Homecoming 2013

Tail gate party starts at 1pm and goes till 3:30pm. 1,100 people are registered which is twice as much as the Ferocious Feast, so should be a great crowd and probably busy.

From the alumni association email that went out to people who registered had some useful info.

If you bought tickets through the AA and/or going to the tail gate.

Pick up ticket information:

At the Alumni House:

Friday Oct. 18 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

Saturday, Oct. 19 from 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.

At the Purple and Gold Alumni Association tent at the Great Dane Pre-Game at Bob Ford Field.

Saturday, Oct. 19, from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m.

At the Football Ticket Booth - South Tower Entrance

Saturday, Oct. 13 after 3:30 p.m.

Parking:

Free parking is available at the Dutch Quad Parking Lot across from the Alumni House. If you prepaid for parking in the Tailgate Lot (Dutch Lot near the tennis courts) your name will be on the parking attendants list. Parking at SEFCU Lot is $20.00.

Edited by MsGDG

For those of you attending homecoming weekend who look upon exercise favorably, I highly recommend the annual homecoming 5k race and 2.5 mile walk. The race starts at 10AM at the athletic fields behind the football fields (in past years the race start and registration was on the road behind University Field).

I believe the course is different this year and is advertised as "90% soft terrain," which sounds like a true cross country course.

Since I am running in a half-marathon out in the Midwest this weekend I will miss the 5k, but I hope some of you BPFs can make it out and report back on the new 5k course.

The race is low key, and there are usually some nice medals for top 3, age division, and top alum.

Day-of-race registration is allowed, and all proceeds benefit UAlbany's Cancer Research Center's Fund for Memory and Hope.

http://www.albany.edu/alumni/5K_Run.php

Edited by UA_MA_2000

Since I am running in a half-marathon out in the Midwest this weekend I will miss the 5k, but I hope some of you BPFs can make it out and report back on the new 5k course.

It would be fun to finish the race in the BOFO. Put the racers up on the video screen when they finish.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the nice 5k / run walk promos! The event went well with over 140 finishers and the course reviews were positive - the walk was a bit boring - just 2 loops around the practice fields but many just kept going around the pond anyway. The run was a challenge having to go up that hill on the far side of the pond to Indian quad twice! It was the same course as the women's college course. Anyway we raised over $1K for the CRC with help from Krackler Scientific, Alumni Association, UAS, the XC / T&F teams and athletic dept! We are now in the process of getting a major sponsor at $10K to get better marketing and bigger numbers so we can get the CRC some real $ and start Homecoming off with a big / fun / healthy event. Anyone with corporate contacts ( not the usual suspects like CDPHP - we don't want to compete) or deep pockets lol - please get in touch.