UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Ford was on Wyland today. Thought our pass protection vs. ODU was good, and Fiacchi was improved; game film didn't give a sense of how quick ODU ran their plays.

JMU doesn't throw the ball nearly as much as ODU. He thinks Fiacci'll have to pass well early to set up our running game later. JMU game is a sellout. Dorsey and another player are coming back from injury, but the long snapper got a concussion and Kologrivov will take over, he's never done it in a game before (more problems for special teams?).

Oh god that's bad news.

Too bad 5dimes doesn't have a line on the amount of quick kicks we use on 3rd down. I'd be able to win Haggy some of his money back.

Yeah, I hope it's not like that UMass game where bad punt snaps gave them three safeties and a drive starting at our four-yard line. Edited by UAalum72

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ford was on Wyland today. Thought our pass protection vs. ODU was good, and Fiacchi was improved; game film didn't give a sense of how quick ODU ran their plays.

JMU doesn't throw the ball nearly as much as ODU. He thinks Fiacci'll have to pass well early to set up our running game later. JMU game is a sellout. Dorsey and another player are coming back from injury, but the long snapper got a concussion and Kologrivov will take over, he's never done it in a game before (more problems for special teams?).

ODU was like lightning running their plays... organized and efficient.

I do NOT like a hurry up offensive that takes the entire play clock to run a play.

Once in a while to check a defense and then call a play, fine. But we do it EVERY play.

The opposing defense has all the time in the world to get set.

I expect our offensive coordinator will be on top of his game from here on out... and get our offense

to the line and moving early.

Ford said game films just show a play, then cut to the next play. There was no way to know what it felt like to have them snap the ball after only six seconds. They were using colored cards to signal the qb, backs, and linemen.

We have to line up, then the OC reads the defense, decides what play to run, signals the QB, the QB calls the play, players shift to a new position, and then we're finally ready to snap it. I think unless the D is an obvious stack right where we're going, we should just run what was called in the huddle - make the defense worry about what we're going to do, instead of us worrying about them or looking for the perfect weaknes.

Imagine... 6 seconds to line up and defend.

I'm not sure if ODU is that good, our D is that bad, or some combination of the two.

There's nothing like a good old 10-66 ass whoopin' to change perspective...

One thing that would be getting me angry if I were suiting up, would be the fact that I hadn't helped

acquire the first win for Bob Ford on his new field.

You need a paid subscription to read the Harrisonburg Daily News-Record, but the article tease starts

Mismatch?

Albany A Big Underdog Today, But Dukes’ History Offers Hope

HARRISONBURG ; Albany's football team, with just 40 scholarship players available and the Colonial Athletic Association's worst defense, appears to be overmatched against James Madison, a program with national championship expectations every year. Read more..