UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

JMU boards are saying Bob Ford commented that they "play to their level of competition and without passion". Does anyone have a link to the conference call? If true, I am sure they are going to want to dispel that rumor on the field.

Edited by madDOG

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed that JMU's school colors are also purple and gold. Whereas JMU has gold helmets and uses the color gold, UAlbany uses the color yellow---and not gold.

I personally would like to see Notre-Dame-styled helmets and more (or any) use of our actual school color.

Is anyone aware of why UA uses yellow and not gold? Perhaps I am splitting hairs here, but yellow is not a school color at UA.

Edited by UA_MA_2000

I noticed that JMU's school colors are also purple and gold. Whereas JMU has gold helmets and uses the color gold, UAlbany uses the color yellow---and not gold.

I personally would like to see Notre-Dame-styled helmets and more (or any) use of our actual school color.

Is anyone aware of why UA uses yellow and not gold? Perhaps I am splitting hairs here, but yellow is not a school color at UA.

The official colors are PMS 124 (Gold) and PMS 269 (Purple) as indicated in the UA Graphic Identity Manual. PMS = Pantone Matching System. PMS 124 (Gold) is more a mustardy yellow if you see the actual swatches. The stadium material colors match those PMS colors.

Edited by Brutus

Fair enough; thanks Brutus!

I guess our gold (PMS 124) is just different than Notre Dame's gold or JMU's gold. I suppose the color gold can vary quite a bit, and each school may use a different shade (i.e., PMS) of gold. For example, LSU's yellow is actually "old gold."

Maybe it's just me, but when I hear "gold," I still think Notre Dame gold before I think LSU or UAlbany gold.

Edited by UA_MA_2000

The official colors are PMS 124 (Gold) and PMS 269 (Purple) as indicated in the UA Graphic Identity Manual.

"PMS 269 and PMS 124 your colors shining through

Hear as the carillons are ringing true..."

I can see why Regan and Hansen didn't go with that now.

The official colors are PMS 124 (Gold) and PMS 269 (Purple) as indicated in the UA Graphic Identity Manual.

"PMS 269 and PMS 124 your colors shining through

Hear as the carillons are ringing true..."

I can see why Regan and Hansen didn't go with that now.

hahah love it

This is a Bob Ford team. I have faith we can pull off some more wins this season.

As for JMU, although they beat ccsu, which we lost to......

they did almost lose to St franics PA a few weeks ago.

I'm watching a replay of last Saturday's JMU/Deleware game.

They both look big and athletic. But, if UA decides it doesn't want to be completely embarrassed in the CAA this year, and wants to do a little ass kicking in honor of coach Ford's last year, we might be able to pull out some wins.

Edited by uofalbany

Ford was on Wyland today. Thought our pass protection vs. ODU was good, and Fiacchi was improved; game film didn't give a sense of how quick ODU ran their plays.

JMU doesn't throw the ball nearly as much as ODU. He thinks Fiacci'll have to pass well early to set up our running game later. JMU game is a sellout. Dorsey and another player are coming back from injury, but the long snapper got a concussion and Kologrivov will take over, he's never done it in a game before (more problems for special teams?).

Ford was on Wyland today. Thought our pass protection vs. ODU was good, and Fiacchi was improved; game film didn't give a sense of how quick ODU ran their plays.

JMU doesn't throw the ball nearly as much as ODU. He thinks Fiacci'll have to pass well early to set up our running game later. JMU game is a sellout. Dorsey and another player are coming back from injury, but the long snapper got a concussion and Kologrivov will take over, he's never done it in a game before (more problems for special teams?).

Oh god that's bad news.

Too bad 5dimes doesn't have a line on the amount of quick kicks we use on 3rd down. I'd be able to win Haggy some of his money back.