UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

NBC America East Preview

• 4 weeks later...

Uhhh...what? Why would you assume they get the affirmative nod? They are adding lacrosse, which is an interesting move, but their budget is awful as are their facilities.

They are not in the same realm as UMASS-Lowell whom, while I still am not 100% behind, at least has athletic and academic progression and ambition.

http://www.nycbuckets.com/2013/02/america-east-to-add-umass-lowell-as-full-time-d-i-member/

(discusses NJIT as well)

Just rumors and articles on the Internet that NJIT has been pushing hard for acceptance into the AE and that most of the AE member schools' presidents are on board.

I'll try to post more sources later today. I came across the material just by typing in NJIT and America East Conference in Google.

Edited by UA_MA_2000

That's from almost 9 months ago, and I've been told most President's are NOT on board because there is NO DIRECTION from NJIT on a comprehensive approach to DI athletics by NJIT. Probably one of the worst run departments in the country.

Says it all right here...and other public articles have stated what a Sienashow it is at NJIT:

"The school has authorized the go-ahead of a project which will revamp its athletic facilities, partially in hopes of making it attractive for a conference to extend an invitation. NJIT thought it might have had a landing spot last year in the America East Conference, but the league decided to offer membership to UMass-Lowell, a Division 2 school. The Northeast Conference has also been mentioned as a possibility, but so far the league has been reluctant to invite NJIT to join."

http://www.nj.com/college-basketball/index.ssf/2013/11/njit_preparing_for_nomadic_lifestyle_as_nations_only_independent_team_in_division_1_basketball.html

Will there be an announcement anytime soon about NJIT joining the America East and making us a 10-team league. I assume it is inevitable that NJIT gets the affirmative nod. I believe we play them at home in a few weeks too.

Why would you think that they are destined for the AE?

Public university in NYC's footprint/area and similar to AE schools with regard to academics and enrollment.

NJIT would be the only school in the conference, however, that would not have an animal as a mascot. The AE mascots are birds (hawks), cats, dogs, a bear, and a fictitious wolf that lives by the sea in Long Island. A highlander in our conference gives me pause and may be the Highlander's stratagem to disturb our conference's mascot profile.

Says it all right here...and other public articles have stated what a Sienashow it is at NJIT:

"The school has authorized the go-ahead of a project which will revamp its athletic facilities, partially in hopes of making it attractive for a conference to extend an invitation. NJIT thought it might have had a landing spot last year in the America East Conference, but the league decided to offer membership to UMass-Lowell, a Division 2 school. The Northeast Conference has also been mentioned as a possibility, but so far the league has been reluctant to invite NJIT to join."

http://www.nj.com/college-basketball/index.ssf/2013/11/njit_preparing_for_nomadic_lifestyle_as_nations_only_independent_team_in_division_1_basketball.html

Our mascots (and conference) are safe!

NJIT would be the only school in the conference, however, that would not have an animal as a mascot. The AE mascots are birds (hawks), cats, dogs, a bear, and a fictitious wolf that lives by the sea in Long Island. A highlander in our conference gives me pause and may be the Highlander's stratagem to disturb our conference's mascot profile.

So we are America Beast then?

A single Highlander would be OK but...

HIGHLANDER.GIF