UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Bucknell 11/23

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another poor first half sinks the ship for the game. I understand Bucknell was on fire from 3 and a lot of them were contested but you can't let up 51 points in the first half. Hooley and Rowley continue to impress and Wieggman had a nice game for the most part. I also think DJ can be more aggressive on the offensive end. On to the next one. Learn and keep improving for conference play.

Frustrating..but there's not much you can do when a team is hitting shots like that. UAlbany had held opponents to 29.7% on 22-74 shooting from three entering tonight. Bucknell then goes 14-21 for 67%.

Got only 5 total points from the bench..though I thought Mike Rowley played well in his limited time. 77% of the scoring tonight came from just Hooley, S. Rowley and Evans. And how does a 6'10" senior starting center put up 2 points and 1 rebound in 20 minutes of play?

Edited by Phoenix

I also think DJ can be more aggressive on the offensive end.

I felt the same way after this game and several others. Actually, I'd like to see him be a little selfish. He committed his second turnover of the year today - 15 assists, 2 turnovers. Crazy stat. I'd like to see him shoot more.

We're a decent team right now and Bucknell is a good team. We need to develop another scoring threat if we're going to move beyond decent.

Some positive signs from the Mike Rowley. A little more confidence and better judgement today.

I can't remembering seeing a shooting display like the one Bucknell put on. I was shocked they actually missed 7 threes - 14 of 21. 67% and that seems lower than what I felt like I watched.

I also think DJ can be more aggressive on the offensive end.

I felt the same way after this game and several others. Actually, I'd like to see him be a little selfish. He committed his second turnover of the year today - 15 assists, 2 turnovers. Crazy stat. I'd like to see him shoot more.

We're a decent team right now and Bucknell is a good team. We need to develop another scoring threat if we're going to move beyond decent.

Some positive signs from the Mike Rowley. A little more confidence and better judgement today.

I can't remembering seeing a shooting display like the one Bucknell put on. I was shocked they actually missed 7 threes - 14 of 21. 67% and that seems lower than what I felt like I watched.

It's early and all but I have seen nothing that stands out from Mike Rowley. Hopefully he will develop. I thought it would be a good idea to redshirt but I'm not the coach. :)

Ugly game from a UA perspective but Bucknell is a real solid club their only losses came to Standford and St John's both by 4

I thought there were a couple of times where we were going to get it under 10 and maybe the pressure would have been on Bucknell but every time we got the opportunity we missed a FT or turned the ball over.

I think we missed Johnson tonight not that he would have been a total difference maker but he adds alot of athleticism.

We need help on the perimeter offensively if not the defense will build a tent around Sam.

Hooley I think is going through and adjustment period - last year supplemental player this year go to guy. He's working hard but his decision making ability has to improve.

This is why we have a Non Conf schedule.

Why is it that UA uses its non-con to work out its rotations, but other teams use it to build their RPIs?

Like Stony Brook?

I don't know..seemed to work pretty well for the team last year.

Fair...very fair.

But maybe a program that has three NCAA bids shouldn't look at Stony Brook as something to emulate...Keep Building!

I thought UA took a positive step this game in the right direction...we played well and dare I say 40 minutes on the offensive end. Bucknell was just sinking everything they took. A number of times we had an opportunity to get it under 10 and every time Bucknell hit a shot. Those kids didn't miss much last night.

I thought Albany played well last night. Pretty hard to beat a team that shoots almost 70% behind the arc (and I do not mean 70% on 8 or ten attempts; but 21 attempts [67% actually]. And almost 60% overall. If a team makes half it shots, you usually are in trouble. Of note, we did hold bucknell to 26 second half points. So overall, I thought UA battled valiantly, but simply just lost to a very hot shooting team.

That being said, I still get the feeling we are playing both offensively and especially defensively AS IF the new foul rules are being enforced. We are working hard not to foul on the D: and working hard to attack the basket on O and and to draw fouls. The number of times we go to the line vs our opponents has been very positive. However we certainly have NOT been involved in any 100 foul games, and I am pretty sure not even any 50 foul games. I am not a coach {never have been above CYO ball} and I am not recommending we should foul more; but I am wondering [since closer foul calling does NOT appear to be the rule] , if we should be playing more physical D and also not try to drive and dive into traffic so much?? I know our outside shooting has not been good, but sometimes you got to let the shooters shoot their way out of it. OTHER's THOUGHTS appreciated.

It's early and all but I have seen nothing that stands out from Mike Rowley. Hopefully he will develop. I thought it would be a good idea to redshirt but I'm not the coach. :)

I think the redshirt option went away when Devlin got injured. MR is going to need to give us minutes this year. Admittedly he hasn't had a big scoring breakout game but hopefully that'll come. He was one of our leading rebounders last night while playing just 17 minutes. One of the things I saw him do last night which I liked was back his guy down toward the basket while keeping his head up to watch for a double team.