UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

New England Patriots

uofalbany

And lynch was given an opportunity on 1st down and he didn't score.

Nothing wrong with mixing up the play calls, as everyone was anticipating a handoff.

Blame it on their hotshot qb, the one that says he wants 6 superbowl wins. He threw the interception.

You're telling me you're 100% certain that a runner of Lynch's ability wouldn't be able to get 1 yard on 4 attempts? That is a 4 down territory...if anything you throw a screen pass or something but not a freakin slant route. This is 99% on the coaching and 1% on Butler making a great read. They said it was for time management purposes...then freakin take a knee.

I think every player wants to win a SB ever year...what's wrong with that? This is Lebron James (not 1, not 2, not 3, etc.) all over again. More than likely he answered a question the media asked anyway, tongue in cheek. Wilson has a long long career ahead of him. Whose to say he won't tie or beat Brady's records? Let's see how Wilson's career shakes out when he's 38.

This was an amazing game ruined by a bad coaching decision. Simple as that. Pete Carroll bailed out your team and instead of laughing at Wilson, you should be sending a bouquet of flowers to Pete.

Edited by Ilko

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was an amazing game ruined by a bad coaching decision.

Wilson blundered the $iena out of the play. Simple as that.

Once you graduate and have 30-40 years of coaching experience under your belt......

BOOM. Championship #4

Edited by uofalbany

Please explain how he blundered the crap out of the play? It was a designed slant (that was his ONLY option) and his pass was fine but Butler made a great read. Wilson did nothing wrong, Butler did everything perfectly. There is a reason why Brady (Mr. Dink n Dunk) has made a living out of the slant pass with Welker and now Edlemen. It's like the freakin hook shot in basketball, can't defend it. Pretty much guaranteed yards. Very rarely do you see a player (Butler) make that kind of play so close to the line of scrimmage on a slant because the ball is in there so quick (as opposed to him having the time to recover on a 10-15 yard slant route which takes longer to develop). Butler knew where that ball was going, simple as that...and credit is due there.

BUT, this still goes back to Pete C. He should have never let that play be called. So, again, thank Pete for being an idiot because without him, you are 0-3 in your last 3 superbowls and still 0-for in the last decade+.

Edited by Ilko

Once you graduate and have 30-40 years of coaching experience under your belt......

BOOM. Championship #4

No he didn't, maybe could have led him a bit more but that pass was on the numbers and Butler jumped it...credit to him. There was no mistake there by the QB, should have never called pass to begin with.

We've all seen the commercials...I like this comment from ESPN:

"I'm Rob Lowe and I have Direct TV.

I'm incredibly stupid Rob Lowe and I call a pass play when I have the most powerful running back in the NFL one yard away from winning the Super Bowl for me, and I have cable. (Hey, Pete. Don't be THIS Rob Lowe!)"

BOOM. Championship #4

No he didn't, maybe could have led him a bit more but that pass was on the numbers and Butler jumped it...credit to him. There was no mistake there by the QB, should have never called pass to begin with.

Sombody's gotta smack Wilson with a trout

trout-slap.gif

Edited by uofalbany

Please explain how he blundered the crap out of the play? It was a designed slant (that was his ONLY option) and his pass was fine but Butler made a great read. Wilson did nothing wrong, Butler did everything perfectly. There is a reason why Brady (Mr. Dink n Dunk) has made a living out of the slant pass with Welker and now Edlemen. It's like the freakin hook shot in basketball, can't defend it. Pretty much guaranteed yards. Very rarely do you see a player (Butler) make that kind of play so close to the line of scrimmage on a slant because the ball is in there so quick (as opposed to him having the time to recover on a 10-15 yard slant route which takes longer to develop). Butler knew where that ball was going, simple as that...and credit is due there.

BUT, this still goes back to Pete C. He should have never let that play be called. So, again, thank Pete for being an idiot because without him, you are 0-3 in your last 3 superbowls and still 0-for in the last decade+.

I agree. No fault to Wilson on that play, great read by Butler and all fault goes to the coach who called the play. Slants work so well in all other parts of the field because the DBs play off the line. At the goal line they are expecting a run so they are all bunched up in the middle where the slant was run. Just a horrible horrible play call in that spot.

Have you not figured out that you're being played?

Some people just get their panties all bundled up with almost no effort whatsoever ;)

New England Patriots Superbowl Championship #4

Being played? Do you mean...being trolled? (welcome to the internet)

I couldn't care less about New England...in fact, I'm waiting for the day Bill and Tom leave and you guys become mediocre again, similar to the Pre-Bill/Tom days.

It was a great game unlike last years laugher...had me on the edge of my seat. But anyone who says it wasn't Pete's fault, was NE's masterful defense, or was Wilson's fault...is a fool.

This was all on Pete, and Butler made a great play. Simple as that.

Trolled... screwed with... played... $ienad with.... take your pick.

I actually think Wilson is damn good. Too bad he threw an interception and too bad the call was made. Too bad for them.

Any way you dice it, same outcome.

Now maybe Sherman and Lynch will fade into the off season, and keep quiet and unseen.

I would have enjoyed seeing them choke if it were any team doing the beating. Oh, except for the jets.

I happily embrace the collapse of the Jets anytime it happens.