UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

vs New Hampshire - 11/14 @ 7PM

Sussman has earned the right to go into next seasons training camp as the penciled in starter. His mistakes are all just due to inexperience where as Crooks are due to bad awareness, etc. as well as a bit of physical ability (for example, Sussman is a much better runner/scrambler).

Overall, could have been worse. We left a TON of points on the board today and may have won the game if we had converted.

What happened to Toole? Did our old kicker from a few years ago come back and steal his mojo? Gattuso should have stopped kicking after the 2nd miss as it was pretty clear kid was having an off day. The definition of insanity is doing something over and over and expecting different results.

The missed TD by Manzo-Lewis was a killer to. You can't get any more open than that for a TD.

But...regardless of what happens, Sussman needs to remain the starter until either another recruit beats him out in training camp or he gets hurt. Crook is not and will never be the guy IMO.

Perhaps with a much healthier team next year (on both offense and defense) and maybe some newer kids that supposedly need to be recruited we can start building something again. These last few weeks with Sussman have been a good test to see what we have though going forward.

Edited by Ilko

Well, it was a chilly night…light crowd…hot chocolate was good. Manzo-Lewis has a sure TD drop. Sussman looks better than Crook….much livelier arm. UA's pass defense was once again let them

catch the ball and then attempt to tackle…87 for UNH was a beast. It was once again enlightening to see a top level QB slice up the D. Goldrich is way better than anyone we have. Kicking game was awful.

Alston darn near broke another KO for a touchdown….got to the UNH 25…then Albany got nothing out of it. Toole was kicking wounded ducks into the wind. Enough to keep it interesting but with

7 minutes to go I bailed for the heat. Oh, Roger said on 980 that Eli Mencer is being converted to LB.

He's red shirting this year best as I can tell. Apparently a kid with loads of talent and upside out of Altoona, Pa. The western PA message boards were very high on him. He was a QB, then a RB/DB in

HS and they were projecting him as a D-1 OLB. 6-2, 215 with 4.48 speed….track and field guy too. I've been wondering what was up with him and that's the first I have heard that they were

making him a linebacker. His HUDL video shows some serious speed.

• Like 1

He's red shirting this year best as I can tell. Apparently a kid with loads of talent and upside out of Altoona, Pa. The western PA message boards were very high on him. He was a QB, then a RB/DB in

HS and they were projecting him as a D-1 OLB. 6-2, 215 with 4.48 speed….track and field guy too. I've been wondering what was up with him and that's the first I have heard that they were

making him a linebacker. His HUDL video shows some serious speed.

I'm very glad to see this happen. I think some schools recruited him as a S/LB. Our depth at running back allows this move to happen, and makes sense. If he can put on 10-15 lbs...he would be a very tough, physical, and fast LB. This is a need area for us going forward.

Holding issues? Right. No offense but I have a oceanside property to sell Gattuso. It's in Montana.

Sounds like he's trying to save Toole's pride. Sounds like me saying 'the wind took it' on a bad pass in recess back in the day lol.

Edited by Ilko

Just watched the game - noticed Gontarek in uniform on the sideline. Those of you that get to the games may have known that he was dressing out but I didn't. I'm glad he's still engaged with the team - even if he's not playing

Did not catch that. So is he unsuspended and just getting coach DNPs? Or is this common practice in college (letting a player get dressed even if he's suspended).

Holding issues? Right. No offense but I have a oceanside property to sell Gattuso. It's in Montana.

Sounds like he's trying to save Toole's pride. Sounds like me saying 'the wind took it' on a bad pass in recess back in the day lol.

I don't know about all three, but I did see the bad snap on at least one of them.

I heard GG say Ngachie was injured at the beginning of the year. Last night the PA announcer announced that Ngachie made a tackle, but I did not see him on the field?? Hanks came out with a shoulder

injury per the TU and Croskey ran well…good burst of speed to the corner on the TD and on the long screen pass. All of the snaps and holds I could see from the top deck were lousy….I'll have to watch the DVR of the game

but it looked like the long snapper was skipping it or it was coming in low because the holder was scrambling. Toole was kicking them high and left every time and there was enough wind that it held them up. Sussman got creamed on a run late in the game and Crook came in and promptly almost had one picked off. One of the UA receivers was wide open on a deep crossing route and Crook sailed one about 5' over his head. He is not the answer. There was also a KO I could not understand after a UA score. It looked like a cross between an onside and a pooch and possibly a screwed up kick. In any event UNH got great field position.

I also like the idea of developing good athletes (Mencer) at LB. Some of the message boards I looked at could not believe Pitt or another FBS school did not sign him, but there was a lot of talk

that he basically played out of his natural best position much of the time and did not excel until senior year as a RB. They think GG got a steal. Time will tell.

When Crook was warming up to replace Sussman he was tossing back and forth with Brunson…he's still a tall drink of water. Will, you better hit the holiday tables hard this year and live in the gym

because the QB job will be wide open in 2016!