UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

yeah its Albany State, Georgia...its funny. My dad lives in Atlanta, and i had my Albany t-shirt on, and someone asked me if i went to Albany State. I told them it was UA in NY. He was surprised cause Albany State is a mostly black school, and was surprised i would be going there...just a little story.

Albany State isn't "our" school's name. Don't get yourself confused, or you're in for a long four years.

UAlbany, University at Albany, sometimes UA on this board, or plain old Albany (although that sounds too much like the City and High School without the "U"). That's it.

In 1985 we had an open date on the schedule and one of the opponents that was being considered was Albany State Georgia. We were excited because we would of had to travel by plane down there. I think they filled in their open date and I believe we added Buffalo at the time. It was going to be either Buffalo or East Strousberg(SP)(They would of killed us...powerhouse d2 squad...NCAA d2 Playoff team in 84) Thank the heavens above it was Buffalo. I think ES beat Villanova that year.

1 - It wasn't that long ago when we were Albany State (NY). In fact, if you watch the sportschannels that give the scores, they frequently list us like that.

2. I live in Georgia - whenever I wear a UA shirt, people assume it is for Albany State (GA). Most people down here have no idea about Ualbany or SUNY is.

The school has a real self-inflicted image problem. They changed their image, or tried to change it, so many times that they damaged themselves. Like you said, sports channels can't get it right, but part of that is probably our own fault from dealings in the past. Albany, UAlbany, UA, SUNY-Albany, SUNYA, Albany State, Albany (NY) ... we get a lot of different listings.

The more fans like ourselves promote the school as UAlbany the better, in my opinion, so that there aren't multiple images out in the community and nationwide, and so that people like G-town fans don't go listing us with 17-10 records (as Albany State, Ga. had last year).

Name changes have been a traditon. In 4 years of undergraduate study and 1 year of graduate study the current University had 4 name changes---NYSCT at Albany, College of Education at Albany, SUCE at Albany, and SUNY at Albany but EVERYONE still called it State College. Those days are long gone and it is now a UNIVERSITY with a multitude of opportunities, but the SUNY Albany is going to take time for the locals to change to UA or UAlbany. Fortunately, GO DANES has replaced GO PEDS!!