UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

How do you think our beloved Great Danes will fare this season? The schedule by far is outright the toughest that they have or I have seen. Yers, we lost an all world RB, but everyone else can be replaced. Our D should be better(especially the secondary) and our QB play should be improved. We can't have the turn overs we had last year, if we do with this schedule the season will be over with by the end of September. I think 7-4 or 8-3 would be homerun types of years. They really can't afford a loss in the NEC. My hopeful prediction is 8-3 but realistically .....7-4.

I do think they can run the table in the NEC. The Monmouth game will be very tough and RMC will not be a pushover although we can beat both. We certainly can't look past anyone. Personally, I think they went overboard with this schedule. I understand they are trying to upgrade, but they will be out gunned by Lehigh and Hofstra. We are 2 years away from competing with both of them. Hopefully kids that played against FIU, Montana, and FAU are still in the program and will be accustomed to this level.

Who knows, this may be a magical season or this could be the year everyone pays Albany back. The staff has to be careful with the heads of these kids with this type of schedule. In years past you would play Montana... get beat badly then rebound against Central Conn. This year we could be 0-3 going into SHU and that is a tough hole to dig out of mentally.

Albany will continue to be a dominant team in the NEC. I'll be shocked if they lose more than one conference game.

I don't know why they schedule so many tough out of conference games. I understand that the athletes like playing better competition and some people believe they are planning an upgrade for the program. Maybe they play one or two high level opponents and throw in a MAAC game or Dayton, San Diego, Morehead State or another really good Pioneer League team.

I don't know why they schedule so many tough out of conference games...  Maybe they play one or two high level opponents and throw in a MAAC game or Dayton, San Diego, Morehead State or another really good Pioneer League team.

Beating MAAC teams 50-7 does nothing for the program. Pioneer League teams almost never travel to the East Coast, they'd rather play Midwestern D-III or NAIA teams. We've already played PFL teams in Ohio and Iowa, we can play them again when they're willing to travel.

UAalum72 is right about MAAC teams(only the Dukes are worth playing) and the PFL teams have shown that they won't travel to Albany. The other reason we are playing this out of conference schedule is because we will be(are) making a move up and these are the types of teams are what we will be playing regularly. It may hurt at the beginning but it will pay off in the long run. Yes we may be 0-3 when we play at Sacred Heart, but this team is always ready. I can't wait for the season to start.

I don't know why they schedule so many tough out of conference games.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Edited by DaneFan2k3

DaneFan2k3

You are absolutely correct, this is a way to increase the finances of the FB program. It also put us in a better situation to evaluate our program and get ready for a move up. Remember McElroy is a FB guy and he would probably love to move the program to the highest level feasible/possible.

By your last post I'm glad to see you're still using your electronic abacus.

Edited by Patch

This isn't like basketball where you get guarantees for playing majors. UA received a guarantee for going to Montana a couple of years ago, but my understanding is that is not the case against the A10 teams and certainly not the Patriot and Ivy League teams.