UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

5 minutes ago, DanesRGood said:

Wait, so no one is angry at him like Cremo and Nichols???  :P

Sucks but I can understand his stance.  

Apples and oranges fam. Brown isn't the idiot coach that Gattuso is and isn't burning a program to the ground :P.

5 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Good night...

giphy.gif

Sucks we live in a PC world and Hanks just can't come out and say what we're all thinking, "Gattuso has destroyed the program and that place sucked, so I'm taking my talents elsewhere". Although I guess he did say it, in a way. Good for him. Someone has to keep Gattuso accountable because its not Benson. Maybe the players can.

Edited by Eli

11 minutes ago, DanesRGood said:

Wait, so no one is angry at him like Cremo and Nichols???  :P

Sucks but I can understand his stance.  

No...Brown has a history of success here, Gattuso is a proven loser. The anger needs to be directed at Benson for that extension, is there ANY doubt Gattuso would not be retained had that failing AD not Patso'd him? Listen, in a vacuum, one kid leaving is whatever. But you can read a lot between these lines...it's clearly a mess in there. This kid is fleeing a sinking ship. There is no miracle turnaround. 

Edited by Clickclack

Hate to see him go BUT he was not the same back last year as he had been.  Mofar ran better and because of that got a lot of carries that Hanks thought he should [my read].  Like I said once before, good running backs are a dime a dozen.  We have a couple of good ones and signed a couple more.  We have to have a QB who can run the offense and COMPLETE passes.  

• Haha 1

And...we've entered the spin zone where a kid who rushed for 800 yards on almost 5ypc is dispensable and probably wasn't that good anyway after his injury. No one even wants to talk about the fact that he's right when he says it will take a few years to rebuild this thing...even if the architect wasn't this guy...

1mul6k.jpg

Anything but to not hold accountable a man with a winning % of 30% in conference. Sheesh...*goes off to tune his patience dial* Gotta crank that sucker up...wins are just over them hills yonder. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Haha 1

EB sounds like a very intelligent young man. Going to a more pass oriented offense under a head coach who has regressed horribly over the last few years. Time for a feature back to leave. HOF, do you really think Mofor is superior or that EB does not add to the team? 

23 minutes ago, jimbo said:

EB sounds like a very intelligent young man. Going to a more pass oriented offense under a head coach who has regressed horribly over the last few years. Time for a feature back to leave. HOF, do you really think Mofor is superior or that EB does not add to the team? 

Last year Mofo was far better.  Hitting holes, more quickness, seemed to be running harder.  I don't know but Hanks did NOT look like the same running back he had been.  Psychology of returning from injuries can be a bitch.  Depends on the kid too.  Maybe he thought he should have more plays.  The last couple of games especially he did not look happy on the sidelines when Mofor was in there.  The kind of things I watch sometimes.  AND I did purposely watch him.  He sounds like a good team mate and a good kid but.....................   AND people may not like to admit omit or say it BUT running backs truly are a dime a dozen!!!  There are MANY who could have 6-800 yards.  Just sayin''  No comment on other guys posts.

Edited by HOF2013
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, jimbo said:

Maybe some of EB’s 2016 success was having a really good O line in front of him. When you’re “the man” it’s probably hard to share the load. I’d rather have him than not have him. 

Don't disagree at all but I do not think we'll have too much of an issue. Mofo will be a Junior and is very good and a couple of good guys coming in.  We'll be fine at Running back I would guess [to clarify, obviously not true in HS BUT in college, especially at the CAA level everybody on the team was super star in HS, got some good ones on most teams as do we].  As we know QB has been the issue for a couple of years AND the coaches have recognized that.

Edited by HOF2013

It looks as though there’s a couple of good QB prospects coming in. I would not mind at all seeing QB who is a legit running threat. Just as long as they don’t Sussmanize him. If there’s no threat to throw, why bother? Besides QB the key is the development of the OLine. If they don’t take a big jump from last year we could have another dumpster fire of a season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimbo said:

It looks as though there’s a couple of good QB prospects coming in. I would not mind at all seeing QB who is a legit running threat. Just as long as they don’t Sussmanize him. If there’s no threat to throw, why bother? Besides QB the key is the development of the OLine. If they don’t take a big jump from last year we could have another dumpster fire of a season. 

I think our RS Freshman QB showed a lot of promise, but the search never ends in college FB.  There are no 6 year veterans.

4 hours ago, jimbo said:

I thought all of them except for the McLaughlin from Lackawanna are listed as DB or Running backs. I do not see any other QB's.  

Looks like several Lineman have committed or will by February NLI day.  

Edited by HOF2013