UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Yes, blow them out, but keep improving.

Our man down defense is allowing opponents to score 55% of the time. That has to get better. No idea why that isn't getting addressed. It is so obvious what the problems are.

If what I saw on the replay, of fewer two way middies, I like it a lot. 

Ground ball play has to improve and coordination on the face offs. Too many times the wings are on the wrong side of the ball either allowing an easy exit or a fast break.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Yes, blow them out, but keep improving.

Our man down defense is allowing opponents to score 55% of the time. That has to get better. No idea why that isn't getting addressed. It is so obvious what the problems are.

If what I saw on the replay, of fewer two way middies, I like it a lot. 

Ground ball play has to improve and coordination on the face offs. Too many times the wings are on the wrong side of the ball either allowing an easy exit or a fast break.

"Ground ball play has to improve and coordination on the face offs. Too many times the wings are on the wrong side of the ball either allowing an easy exit or a fast break."      No kidding, I was screaming at them the entire game!!!!!!  Man down is pathetic!!  Same couple of guys are killing the squad.  Time to make changes!  I like Tehoka coming in as a middie, he even stayed on Def a couple of times.

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 1

On 3/21/2019 at 7:31 AM, cwdickens said:

Weather is a concern... Possible snow overnight Friday - early Saturday ... Windy with clouds possible lake effect snow ☔

I grew up in Binghamton - they seldom get the lake effect snow.   It passes across the state through Syracuse and down north of Oneonta down into the Catskills, BUT the kids are surely use to it!  I'll be nice and warm watching it on the computer!

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

I grew up in Binghamton - they seldom get the lake effect snow.   It passes across the state through Syracuse and down north of Oneonta down into the Catskills, BUT the lids are surely use to it!  I'll be nice and warm watching it on the computer!

Channel 13 talked about then wrap around effect of the storm in the Gulf of Maine.... Oneonta could be hit hard

Is the game available on Am East TV or anywhere??   It only shows Live Stats.  That sucks if it is not being broadcast at all!!!!!!!

Looks like it is NOT.  Outrageous!!  Live stats is all I find.  Not even a radio broadcast that I see!

Edited by HOF2013

2 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Is the game available on Am East TV or anywhere??   It only shows Live Stats.  That sucks if it is not being broadcast at all!!!!!!!

Looks like it is NOT.  Outrageous!!  Live stats is all I find.  Not even a radio broadcast that I see!

Watched Binghamton play Hobert on 3-2-19... In Binghamton...was a freebie... Check in on game day something might change

• Like 1

T-U story on Laffin in yesterday's paper.

University at Albany lacrosse player Mitch Laffin dropped 25 pounds to get ready for his big opportunity this season.The junior attack worked hard in the weight room and watched his diet. Where he used to have three slices of pizza, he'd settle for one.

Then one misstep at practice before the opener at Syracuse put his plans on hold. "We were doing a shooting drill, so balls were everywhere,'' Laffin recalled. "I was just walking around, moving a couple out of the way, kind of get them into a pile so no one else steps on them. Ironically, I step on one." He sprained his right ankle. Laffin started the Syracuse match but had to come out in the first quarter. Then he sat out a win over Drexel and a loss to Cornell."It was frustrating because I had to sit out for about three games or so,'' Laffin said. "So it was tough to see everybody out there fighting and I wanted to be out there with them."

Feeling better, Laffin is back on the field with his teammates with impressive results. He's scored all 10 of his goals in the past two games. He had a hat trick against Maryland and followed that with a career-high seven goals in a 17-11 victory over UMass Lowell in the America East opener last Saturday. He scored just 16 goals in his first two college seasons combined.

The Great Danes (2-4 overall, 1-0 America East) continue league play against Binghamton (0-6, 0-0) at 1 p.m. Saturday in Vestal. Laffin downplayed his performance against UMass Lowell, crediting it to alert passing. Jakob Patterson assisted on three of Laffin’s goals and Tehoka Nanticoke spotted him for two others. “Last game, the ball just found me,’’ he said. “I honestly didn’t do much out there. If you actually watched the game, I just stood around, found a lane, got the ball on my stick and put it in the net.”

Though his teammates did a good job finding Laffin, he’s actually a little harder to see than he was when he arrived on campus three years ago. Back then, Laffin packed 225 pounds on his 5-foot-9 frame. Now Laffin says he weighs slightly below 200 pounds. “I just feel lighter,’’ Laffin said. “I feel more in shape. Nothing’s kind of weighing me down as much. It just contributes to what I do on the field.” Laffin said he shed about 15 pounds during UAlbany’s fall ball schedule and another 10 over winter break. “I’ve always tried,’’ he said. “I just never really stuck to it. Just having the opportunity finally to really contribute and play kind of got me going, got me into the gym and to eat right.”

UAlbany head coach Scott Marr said he talked to Laffin about his conditioning in individual meetings but didn’t nag him on the subject. Marr said he compared it to former UAlbany great Lyle Thompson’s improvement from his sophomore to junior year. “I’m really proud of him for really digging in this past summer and coming back here in great shape,’’ Marr said. “He just has to kind of stay away from the injury bug. He got hurt there at the beginning of the season and that hurt us a little bit. He can shoot and Jakob and Kyle (Casey) and Tehoka are looking for him all the time because they know he’s going to put it in the back of the net.”

Laffin, who is Native American, came to UAlbany after playing at IMG Academy in Florida. He and Nanticoke were teammates there. Laffin, of Onondaga Nation, visited the UAlbany campus during winter break. When he arrived for his tour, Marr gave him a hug, not a handshake. “Honestly it was coach Marr,’’ Laffin said. “I know a lot of people say that, but it really was him. It was one day I met him, and that’s the place I want to go to.” 

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/UAlbany-lacrosse-player-finds-less-is-more-13704157.php

On 3/22/2019 at 10:07 AM, Capital District Lax said:

FYI - This game is listed on ESPN+

Thanks so much for the info.  I looked and didn't see it.  Of course, Pay for TV.   

Game is starting

Edited by HOF2013

57 minutes ago, dslyank said:

I was planning on attending; but even if the storm skirts bingo, the I88 corridor is now projected 8-12 at least as far down was Sidney. I hope CDLax is right. Now plan on watching @ home.

About right.  Sidney sometimes gets hit.  My experience after having driven Rt 7 BEFORE 88 was built and 88 literally 100's of times - visiting parents etc and then after mom died and dad moved up here - is that it gets sketchy starting about Sidney or Otego and then especially just north of Oneonta through just south of Duanesburg.   It can be really awful over that 40-50 mile stretch or so.  

Hope the team is going down today!

Edited by HOF2013