UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Drexal, Saturday 02-22-2020 100 PM

8 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

Well,  much better than last week, good job.  But watch the turnovers.  Anybody there at game?  Was the bright sunshine and the white snow banks making it hard to pick up the ball?  Many TO's were unforced.  

It was a pretty decent day weather wise. Late in the game the sun did seem to cause a few turnovers, especially when Drexel had a couple of clean breaks and I think one of our late turnover was due to the sun.

5 hours ago, dslyank said:

PMike wrote in the cornell thread 

Per 72's TU article linked above. It is going to happen today. I know it is the right move; but a little sad in a way. The two way midee gave rise to UA as a top Lax Power. It may sound strange but I blame the shot-clock for the demise of two way middees. Unlike most and I've posted this before, I feel the shot clock has NOT accomplished an increase in "PACE." ALL the substitutions and structured offenses have SLOWED the game IMHO. UA's free wheeling style, letting players play and two ways sprinting end to end was far more exciting. Yeh, scoring maybe up since implementations ; but as teams adjust to the clock, I wager this will not necessarily be the case. 

Anyhow glad coach Marr and UA are adapting as PMike suggested.

Well they did not start but did play.  Pepe should play far more than Schwab. he got beat virtually EVERY TIME he was on the field today.  They did rotate lines.  Maybe they'll settle next week and see who really should be on the field!!  [notice my change - sorry about that]

Edited by HOF2013

27 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

It was a pretty decent day weather wise. Late in the game the sun did seem to cause a few turnovers, especially when Drexel had a couple of clean breaks and I think one of our late turnover was due to the sun.

No question Piseno missed one pass because the sun was in his eyes.   Alitmari surprised me - had to win maybe 60% - I have not looked though.  Still lost a few after the win.  We have GOT to do better on ground balls.  We are a far better team than Drexel BUT we literally GAVE them the ball with really dumb turnovers.  Almost gave them the game!

Edited by HOF2013

1 minute ago, HOF2013 said:

Well they did not start but did play.  pepe should play far more than Kozar. Kozar got beat virtually EVERY TIME he wa sonthe field today.  They did rotate lines.  Maybe they'll settle next week and see who really should be on the field!!

Rarely disagree with your takes, but have to on this one. IMO Kozar is probably our most solid man on defender. Both of the freshmen had so so days at best, and once again one of the other starters refuses to ever body up. I have high hopes both Pepe and Piseno, but after what I have seen with real bullets flying, both are getting way, way too much time on the field. Filipowski and Barrow have earned the advantage over both of them \.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Rarely disagree with your takes, but have to on this one. IMO Kozar is probably our most solid man on defender. Both of the freshmen had so so days at best, and once again one of the other starters refuses to ever body up. I have high hopes both Pepe and Piseno, but after what I have seen with real bullets flying, both are getting way, way too much time on the field. Filipowski and Barrow have earned the advantage over both of them \.

Sorry wrong kid. I apologize!  I meant Schwab # 42.  From our view it was easy to see he was getting beat almost every time in close by the attack guy taking a step or two to the left and he was not sliding with him and letting him take a wide open shot.  At least 3 goals were scored that way...  Sometimes he was losing by a step from 10 yds out.  We all were watching him today and  the Freshman Fingar.  Not quite as much though .  Every D man is going to get beat.  Many attack on every team are quick as hell.  I understand that but when the same kid gets beat over and over!!!!!!!!!  They were doing a LOT of rotating on Midfield, Def and some on OFF.  Don't mind that if they are all playing well.  GOT to start getting ground balls and stop the boneheaded turnovers....  Trying get the best combination??  Getting everybody a lot of time??? 

Edited by HOF2013

1 minute ago, HOF2013 said:

Sorry wrong kid. I apologize!  I meant Schwab # 42.  From our view it was easy to see he was getting beat almost every time in close by the attack guy taking a step or two to the left and he was not sliding with him and letting him take a wide open shot.  At least 3 goals were scored that way...  Sometimes he was losing by a step from 10 yds out.  We all were watching him today and  the Freshman Fingar.  Not quite as much though .

I believe it was Fingar who had the rough day. I want to say he got beat at least three times, and Schwab was probably once. The defense got a lot of gifts. The goals against don't reflect the quality of the team defense. Siekerski didn't have a great game, but he stole a few when we had total breakdowns. Drexel at least 4-5 transition opportunities. 

Very happy for the boys to get the win, but Drexel handed that one to us with a bow on it.

3 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I believe it was Fingar who had the rough day. I want to say he got beat at least three times, and Schwab was probably once. The defense got a lot of gifts. The goals against don't reflect the quality of the team defense. Siekerski didn't have a great game, but he stole a few when we had total breakdowns. Drexel at least 4-5 transition opportunities. 

Very happy for the boys to get the win, but Drexel handed that one to us with a bow on it.

at least 3 goals scored against Schwab [maybe 4] and I think 2 on Fingar.  Three of us were focused on those two the entire game.

Don't see it that way.  WE gave Drexel at least 5 goals because of turnovers and resulting easy goals - maybe even more.  That was the talk in our area anyway. We all thought we are a better team but just have to be better - kids have to get their heads in the game - seemed to lose focus on three goals that were just gimmies.  Just our thoughts

Edited by HOF2013

1 minute ago, UAlbany09 said:

Is there any plan to play the home games at Fallon Field? I'm just curious why they have a lacrosse only stadium and then don't even play games on it. 

We have been top 5 in attendance NATIONWIDE the last 4 years,  Not enough seating up there.  PLUS the concessions etc. are a factorI would guess.