UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2020 Season Previews

Seems like we're picked in the middle of the pack year in, year out...but I agree. If we have a sub-.500 season again and don't make noise in the tournament or go on the run, I think Brown is gone. Which will be sad, because I think the guy has earned a very very very long leash (although I may be in the minority). Fact of the matter is, his recruiting has been very very suspect.

Man, feels like it's been 2 years since I watched UA basketball...

This was supposed to be the year with no Lamb and that big freshman class stepping into their junior year.

The success of this season, IMHO, will be decided be the following:

1. Will Lulka be healthy and provide what we thought he would as he hit his junior and senior year.

2. Will JoJo be healthy and provide even 75% of what he did at Northern Arizona

3. Will Hank continue to improve on the offensive end. Has he improved his hands and ability to catch the ball

4. Will Rizzuto show more than just a glimpse of what he brought as a freshman.

5. Will Hutch show a sophomore regression or continue to improve.

The transfers will help, but I've come to expect them to take time to adjust and not be the stars some others expect. I expect Healy to be back to what he was. I think we see a lot more from Shafer this year. Those 5 questions above will make the difference between contention and being in the bottom/middle of the pack.

I take preseason analysis with a grind of salt... the availability of players for any particular game, the development of the teams and players during this season will be of the utmost importance.  Does any coach in the America East have a handle how their team will perform?  

12 hours ago, Eli said:

Seems like we're picked in the middle of the pack year in, year out...but I agree. If we have a sub-.500 season again and don't make noise in the tournament or go on the run, I think Brown is gone. Which will be sad, because I think the guy has earned a very very very long leash (although I may be in the minority). Fact of the matter is, his recruiting has been very very suspect.

Man, feels like it's been 2 years since I watched UA basketball...

Is Will's recruiting suspect? Or has the NCAA Transfer Portal adversely effected UAlbany more?

I agree with others that this could be a make or break year for Will however; I fully support his efforts.  I do not feel there is a better coaching alternative out there.