UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #1: 12/19/2020 @ 4PM vs UMBC

46 minutes ago, blorp said:

Right? Hard agree here. It looks like a practice gym at the moment. The "Get Loud" animation followed by absolute silence during UMBC's foul shots was particularly sad

There's gotta be a way to pipe crowd noise in there or something

That's what most other sports are doing...also hard agree here. 

39 minutes ago, blorp said:

Right? Hard agree here. It looks like a practice gym at the moment. The "Get Loud" animation followed by absolute silence during UMBC's foul shots was particularly sad

There's gotta be a way to pipe crowd noise in there or something

The stark appearance of the SEFCU interior was deliberate (my opinion) with the sports budget facing a $2 million deficit.  The cost of setting up and breaking the seating just adds to the deficit.  A stark appearance may work for our advantage against certain teams. Further, when has the SEFCU ever been an"intimate setting"...The most intimate was the Doc Sauers retirement party...

Sadly no fans in the stands was known since the end of October....however; if our Sports Admin was forward thinking; a fund raiser by placing picture cut outs of season ticket holders may have raised $125.00 per cut out (suggested price) back in September 2020

Let us give thanks our team finally got to play...more than our Loudonville rivals can say.... A shout-out to Will's dad...I ran into him at the Lowes in Clifton Park (June 2020)...his belief ... no fans in the stands for 2020...I chuckled then...not chuckling now

On 12/20/2020 at 5:52 AM, jimbo said:

Very happy to see UA sports! Happy with the effort and nice to see so many athletic players rotating in and out. With the back to backs it’ll be the norm I’m sure. Nothing glaring in the stats except for rebounds and fast breaks being dominated by UMBC. Our shooting stats for all three categories went down first to second half, while theirs went up for all three. Perhaps sixth game versus first game?

Not sure I like the SEFCU covid19 set up. Having the seats retracted gives it a cavernous vibe. It’s bad enough to not have fans, but why not try to make it a little more intimate? Concentrate the team and natural game sound noise. I liked the UMBC WBB set up better. Seats in position, cut outs, advertising banners over the empty seats. Seemed more “real” versus apocalyptic empty arena vibe. Just my opinion. 

I lifted the article from this morning's edition of the Times Union....

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/Siena-basketball-Rally-Nuns-to-attend-games-in-15825630.php?IPID=Times-Union-HP-CP-Spotlight

Perhaps we could find a religious order to pray and offer financial support...