UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Statement on Fan Attendance at Spring Home Events

cwdickens

I tried to watch Volleyball on the AmEast network this past weekend. The camera was so far away, one might as well been @ sefcu watching a game in University gym. You could not recognize players and could barely follow the action. I have watched AWAY Volleyball for years on the AmEast tv and the reception has always been more than adequate in every other AmEast facility! Since I am one of the rare few who attend most of the home Volleyball games; I never realized how poor and in fact pretty nearly un-watchable the UA feed is/was?? 

I contacted the individual listed as the associate athletic director (Volleyball) and was referred to Vince Cegles first assistant to Benson and told he would get back to me Monday 2/22--he has NOT. 

It is inexcusable that parents of players and out of town fans cannot watch their daughters and friends play Volleyball. I also would imagine that this would have a huge negative effect on recruiting. If you were a recruit or parent and tried to watch this past weekend games, I am sure most recruits and/or parents would NOT be very impressed.

Now perhaps this past weekend was a fluke (like I said, I never tried streaming home Volleyball before); but whether you are a fan of Volleyball or not, everyone interested in UA athletics should be outraged. Another instance of UA's facilities falling behind. The camera issue @ University Gym must be addressed immediately. Zoom lens or moved or more cameras added, or upgraded software or whatever. 

If you read the Volleyball thread, I even offered to start a Volleyball Camera fund raiser and be the first donor; but per usual, athletic communication has NOT responded. If you have any connections or like me just an outraged fan, please get behind this. I know University Gym is scheduled for some sort or renovation; but from what little I could see on the feed, little or nothing has been done. Regardless, the camera issue cannot wait!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dslyank said:

I contacted the individual listed as the associate athletic director (Volleyball) and was referred to Vince Cegles first assistant to Benson and told he would get back to me Monday 2/22--he has NOT. 

It is inexcusable that parents of players and out of town fans cannot watch their daughters and friends play Volleyball. I also would imagine that this would have a huge negative effect on recruiting. If you were a recruit or parent and tried to watch this past weekend games, I am sure most recruits and/or parents would NOT be very impressed.

Mr Cegles finally got back to me. I will not bore you with his response. Suffice to say NO money for equipment and/or production staff. But he did say something that might raise a few eyebrows: that with multiple events at the University this weekend NOT TO EXPECT A QUALITY LACROSSE production (his words not mine). Fallon has some of the same issues as University Gym and UA has only ONE person on the production staff and they are doing the best they can (his words not mine.)

So forewarned.

At this point, my wife advises me to drop the subject. So to save my blood pressure and other aging body parts, I will bore you no longer with UA--AmEast streaming inequities and complaints.

• Like 1

As I have learned, we have come back to the fact that UAlbany dedicates little resources and people power to Video Production.... I attempted to locate my comment that UAlbany has one person dedicated to this person.....the only person is

Laura Remia Director of Web Development and Video Production (518) 442-3108 lremia@albany.edu

Wish I had a solution....the life of a fan outside power conference....

Edited by cwdickens
Clarification
  • Like 1

At least there will be a quality production for the UAlbany MLAX @ Syracuse MLAX on Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 5:00 PM.

Game on ACCN.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/espnu-to-air-15-men-s-lacrosse-games-120-across-all-espn-platforms/57355

Edited by cwdickens
clarification

4 hours ago, dslyank said:

Mr Cegles finally got back to me. I will not bore you with his response. Suffice to say NO money for equipment and/or production staff. But he did say something that might raise a few eyebrows: that with multiple events at the University this weekend NOT TO EXPECT A QUALITY LACROSSE production (his words not mine). Fallon has some of the same issues as University Gym and UA has only ONE person on the production staff and they are doing the best they can (his words not mine.)

So forewarned.

At this point, my wife advises me to drop the subject. So to save my blood pressure and other aging body parts, I will bore you no longer with UA--AmEast streaming inequities and complaints.

This is discouraging. Saturday was also the first time I tried to watch on line. On phone. Difficult to see the players. I also much prefer to be at the games. Hopefully soon. If not for volleyball hopefully for outdoor sports

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cwdickens said:

As I have learned, we have come back to the fact that UAlbany dedicates little resources and people power to Video Production.... I attempted to locate my comment that UAlbany has one person dedicated to this person.....the only person is

Laura Remia Director of Web Development and Video Production (518) 442-3108 lremia@albany.edu

Wish I had a solution....

It's really not that complicated to re-broadcast a feed to UA fans from whatever school they are playing. I could literally do it with 15 minutes of setup and a program called OBS Studio. If we can't staff a proper A/V department, then just make agreements with our opponents to provide their feed to UA fans.

12 hours ago, Eli said:

It's really not that complicated to re-broadcast a feed to UA fans from whatever school they are playing. I could literally do it with 15 minutes of setup and a program called OBS Studio. If we can't staff a proper A/V department, then just make agreements with our opponents to provide their feed to UA fans.

This may not be complicated ....but if this is not on the project list or has made the unwritten list of "Who cares" .... "oh the fans care"  ... it never going to get done....UAlbany is never going to admit problem by allowing another school do the feed...