UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #16 (AET 2nd Round): 2/28/21 - 3:00PM vs Harford (Hartford, CT)

Eli

14 minutes ago, MRSGDG said:

I don't doubt CB will find a job some place, just sucks his family has ties here, ppl grew up here, have to move because of Benson and his personal dislike for them.

Benson is a bulldozer who has zero ties to the area... I have zero faith in any direction he has taken our programs nor that he will stay the long haul.

Fan experience pre-covid was all time worse at events, do we have to talk about parking, football seat debacle, kicking people out of stands at bball.. I mean this guy, no bueno. As an alumn I want to be able to cheer on my Great Danes, I do.. I just don't see this going in any positive direction based on him and his personality and how he runs the Department. Again that is where my extra gripe is.  I hope I am wrong. 

Yeah I don’t know Benson or Brown. I only can go by what I see in past history that’s been public. If Benson hated him SO much why was he extended 5 years in 2016 when there was still 2 years left on the original deal signed in 2013? 

38 minutes ago, MRSGDG said:

I don't doubt CB will find a job some place, just sucks his family has ties here, ppl grew up here, have to move because of Benson and his personal dislike for them.

Benson is a bulldozer who has zero ties to the area... I have zero faith in any direction he has taken our programs nor that he will stay the long haul.

Fan experience pre-covid was all time worse at events, do we have to talk about parking, football seat debacle, kicking people out of stands at bball.. I mean this guy, no bueno. As an alumn I want to be able to cheer on my Great Danes, I do.. I just don't see this going in any positive direction based on him and his personality and how he runs the Department. Again that is where my extra gripe is.  I hope I am wrong. 

I couldn't agree more with most of this. If people think UA is in good hands with Benson at the helm, they are blind and very mistaken. I have GRAVE concerns about his leadership. UA is in a bit of trouble here with him at the helm. Judging by his OWN performance, it's hard to see how exactly what justifies him keeping his own job. Someone throw out something he's accomplished at UA. If we are going to be critical of Brown and 3 losing season in a row, let's be fair and call Benson out as well. What has he done, the athletic department by any objective measure is the same or worse than when he took over. Lacrosse, basketball, woman's hoops and other programs. Title IX issues, facilities have gotten zero investment. 

Why is this scrub here?

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1

Just now, Clickclack said:

Allegedly, and if that's true...who does he report to that would even allow him to make this coaching change having 1.5 feet out the door. 

I mean no difference than a coach interviewing for job while still under contract at another, no?

5 hours ago, UA'08 said:

I mean no difference than a coach interviewing for job while still under contract at another, no?

One is responsible for one program while the other is responsible (and could purposely or inadvertently sabotage) a dozen programs...nope, not the same. One can ruin a university and the other not so much. 

6 minutes ago, Eli said:

One is responsible for one program while the other is responsible (and could purposely or inadvertently sabotage) a dozen programs...nope, not the same. One can ruin a university and the other not so much. 

Someone contacts you about a potential job make sure you decline it Eli! Lol

47 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

Someone contacts you about a potential job make sure you decline it Eli! Lol

You're grasping, sir...

Brown is in charge of recruiting players and coaches who make nothing or very little (what's an assistant coach make at UA? 50k?). Benson is in charge of hiring and firing people making hundreds of thousands (Brown, Gattuso, etc.). One guys 1 foot in-1 foot out status means very little while anothers 1 foot in-1 foot out could have a decades long impact on the overall program at a large university because his lack of care for the program since 'it won't be his problem soon' could cost the university hundreds of thousands.

They are not 1:1.

14 minutes ago, Eli said:

You're grasping, sir...

Brown is in charge of recruiting players and coaches who make nothing or very little (what's an assistant coach make at UA? 50k?). Benson is in charge of hiring and firing people making hundreds of thousands (Brown, Gattuso, etc.). One guys 1 foot in-1 foot out status means very little while anothers 1 foot in-1 foot out could have a decades long impact on the overall program at a large university because his lack of care for the program since 'it won't be his problem soon' could cost the university hundreds of thousands.

They are not 1:1.

This is clearly a business. I’m not saying Benson made the right or wrong decision letting Brown walk. The fact that he interviewed for the W&M job should have nothing to do with whether he signed Brown or let him go. If Benson extended him with brand spanking new contract today that’s a bad decision with one foot out the door. Plenty of ADs, presidents, and all positions will look out for number 1. 

Edited by UA'08