UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2021 UAlbany MLAX Next Up @Hartford, Saturday, March 6, 2021 Time 12:00 Noon

13 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Many of the guys are young.  I expect improvement.  Young guys look very good -  defense has been good.  Trying to compare one team to another, in a totally different situation is a waste of time in my mind.  You have to paly with the kids on the team.  They are starting to come together - they looked better today after that sluggish first 1/4.

Completely agree with you, each team will develop its own identity. I'm just saying pump the breaks a bit when we anoint any team the second coming of the great Dane Train teams. We need to see those complementary stars develop and emerge, and I am sure Scott will tinker a bit with the lineups until he finds those players that play best play off the other guy's skills.

• Like 1

2018. Liked your assessment a lot. I know I've been a bit over excited, just my optimistic nature {with all the complaining I do on this blog, many would argue about me optimistic, but I really am.} I know it is much too early to say the Train is back and even if it is back, my comments were never intended to make comparisons with previous excursions of the Train. Just like a lot of what I see so far.

I also agree, not thrilled with the starting attack yesterday. I really liked the combo of Patterson, Hay and Yunker used against Colgate, but like you say maybe it was just Colgate being so bad. I like Tehoka coming on as the fourth, but remember a couple years back it did not work so well; and I get the feeling Tehoka was not happy as 4th.

One player that seems to attack straight on and seems strong on the dodge (besides R. John) is Logan Tucker; but it seems there are a lot of attacks a head of him right now. 

Anyhow, THANKS for staying with us and for your perspectives. Team even with flaws, certainly seems motivated and showing a lot of flash on both ends of the field so far.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

The one weakness compared to the Dane Train days  is at midfield, except Ron John. There are no McClancy's or Osika's on this team, who can play both ways at a high level, especially big and fast enough on defense. That is the achilles heal on this team that will probably show up against someone like Syracuse

Not disagreeing at all; but do you really feel this is an issue. The advent of the shot clock seemed to be a death knoll of the two way middie . {I have been lamenting about this since the first year of the clock--which I hate for a lot of other reason also}. Anyhow, interested do you think, the two way middies are making a comeback in lacrosse at other schools and do you think UA's weakness really will be a factor?? Loved it when we had the McClancy's and Osika's of this world; and Marr was certainly one if not the primary proponent of the strategy; but are they still relevant in today's game??