UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2021 UAlbany MLAX Next Up @Hartford, Saturday, March 6, 2021 Time 12:00 Noon

4 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

The America East schedule also says ESPN+ but the link goes to the AE TV player

http://americaeast.com/watch/?Live=338&path=hartford

I always order espn+ just before the basketball season and keep it until after Lacrosse season and then cancel again until fall. In my (mostly) ill fated effort to get women's Volleyball streaming enhanced (it is marginally better); I asked what Lacrosse would be like and was told @ Fallon expect no espn+ and considerable (to say the least) LESS quality than what you'd get from Casey stadium. I also asked about road games and was told that he was not sure if AmEast/TV would be simulcast on espn+. So I kept it hoping, but I think I found my answer today?

Edited by dslyank

Anyhow, back to the game. I remain very IMPRESSED. The Defense has been awesome, Donnelly has looked great in goal [63% save rate today]. He makes all the routine saves and occasionally spectacular; and he so far has by my unofficial count only allowed two long range shots past him (a bug-a-boo for UA goalies, even the real good ones). The offense is so deep the top scorer last week had one point today and we still put up 16, in spite of a lot of turnovers and pretty poor face-offs. Camden Hays our second leading scorer gets helped from the field with an injury never to return {I hope NOT serious or long range} and red shirt sophomore Keelan Seneca takes his spot and gets 2 goals an an assist.

I wish SM would stop playing Russian roulette with the face-off guys. Throw one of them to the wolves for awhile and see what happens; but who am I to complain--so far VERY IMPRESSED!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

If you want to check the Fallon video the women’s lax is on right now. No clock showing, no announcer

Yes. And NO REPLAYS on goals. Hartford today also did not have a replay set-up. Very disappointed in UA and the AMEast/TV; especially with NO fans--least they could do is UP THEIR GAME a bit.

When I complained, I was told to drop it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

Yes. And NO REPLAYS on goals. Hartford today also did not have a replay set-up. Very disappointed in UA and the AMEast/TV; especially with NO fans--least they could do is UP THEIR GAME a bit.

When I complained, I was told to drop it.

Told to drop it? That's some BS.  If the video is terrible than I guess I'll just stop watching and supporting. 

I'm not ready to reinstitute the Dane Train just yet. I was at the Colgate game and wasn't sure what to think with no real preseason, so many guys out, and Colgate is not very good.

Since I no longer literally don't have a dog in the fight take this with a grain of salt, and I am very partial to the Dane Train years so take this nit picky analysis as a comparison to those teams. 

The one weakness compared to the Dane Train days  is at midfield, except Ron John. There are no McClancy's or Osika's on this team, who can play both ways at a high level, especially big and fast enough on defense. That is the achilles heal on this team that will probably show up against someone like Syracuse or into the tournament against another top Big 10 or ACC team. Those two guys were very, very special players.

IMO Scott needs to settle on an attack that has the best complimentary skills. I didn't love the Tehoka, Patterson, Hay line. Too many guys playing with their back to the goal trying to bull dodge all the time. We need someone out there who can breakdown a defense off the dodge instead of the endless bull dodges. That works against Hartford it won't against Cuse or anyone in the ACC. I think the 3rd attack should either be Hoog or Yunker, probably Hogg since he is a bit quicker. Ron John is great on that move he makes to the goal and scored twice today, but other than that you don't see anyone who can split dodge or make a fast alley dodge to get a defense spinning. I think Patterson coming out of the box is the play since he is such a threat shooting up top, and I'm not sure you can be a truly elite offense without an amazing X attack men. We have a load of talent, but not sure it is Dane Train equivalent when you had off ball Reh, Connor dodging, feeding and shooting, and Tehoka as the man child freshmen.  That was a special combination of talents. 

Totally agree with the comment above about the revolving door at face-off and overall wing play. Other than the two TD years that has been a consistent issue.

The very good thing about this defense is the length. I don't agree it is the most athletic, but it is definitely the best combination of size and athleticism Scott has ever had.The most athletic IMO was Dhluy, Simms, and Perla. No one on this team has the footwork of Stone Simms, but the length is a great advantage and they use it well. 

This is potentially the most balanced and deepest team that I can ever remember and should be a tournament team if they can win the tournament. I don't think the AE will get two bids.

5 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

If you want to check the Fallon video the women’s lax is on right now. No clock showing, no announcer

The current situation at UAlbany Athletic Department is sad on so many fronts....the video coverage is just another one .... discussed in forum before ... no resources .... no one cares

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, cwdickens said:

In O/T at UMBC ...12 - 12 with Stony Brook ... announcers stated SBU flat 2nd half

I saw the score, UMBC won

4 hours ago, DanesRGood said:

Told to drop it? That's some BS.  If the video is terrible than I guess I'll just stop watching and supporting. 

4 hours ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

I'm not ready to reinstitute the Dane Train just yet. I was at the Colgate game and wasn't sure what to think with no real preseason, so many guys out, and Colgate is not very good.

Since I no longer literally don't have a dog in the fight take this with a grain of salt, and I am very partial to the Dane Train years so take this nit picky analysis as a comparison to those teams. 

The one weakness compared to the Dane Train days  is at midfield, except Ron John. There are no McClancy's or Osika's on this team, who can play both ways at a high level, especially big and fast enough on defense. That is the achilles heal on this team that will probably show up against someone like Syracuse or into the tournament against another top Big 10 or ACC team. Those two guys were very, very special players.

IMO Scott needs to settle on an attack that has the best complimentary skills. I didn't love the Tehoka, Patterson, Hay line. Too many guys playing with their back to the goal trying to bull dodge all the time. We need someone out there who can breakdown a defense off the dodge instead of the endless bull dodges. That works against Hartford it won't against Cuse or anyone in the ACC. I think the 3rd attack should either be Hoog or Yunker, probably Hogg since he is a bit quicker. Ron John is great on that move he makes to the goal and scored twice today, but other than that you don't see anyone who can split dodge or make a fast alley dodge to get a defense spinning. I think Patterson coming out of the box is the play since he is such a threat shooting up top, and I'm not sure you can be a truly elite offense without an amazing X attack men. We have a load of talent, but not sure it is Dane Train equivalent when you had off ball Reh, Connor dodging, feeding and shooting, and Tehoka as the man child freshmen.  That was a special combination of talents. 

Totally agree with the comment above about the revolving door at face-off and overall wing play. Other than the two TD years that has been a consistent issue.

The very good thing about this defense is the length. I don't agree it is the most athletic, but it is definitely the best combination of size and athleticism Scott has ever had.The most athletic IMO was Dhluy, Simms, and Perla. No one on this team has the footwork of Stone Simms, but the length is a great advantage and they use it well. 

This is potentially the most balanced and deepest team that I can ever remember and should be a tournament team if they can win the tournament. I don't think the AE will get two bids.

Many of the guys are young.  I expect improvement.  Young guys look very good -  defense has been good.  Trying to compare one team to another, in a totally different situation is a waste of time in my mind.  You have to paly with the kids on the team.  They are starting to come together - they looked better today after that sluggish first 1/4.