UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

On 3/6/2021 at 11:20 PM, UAalum72 said:

At first I wondered if the dropkick had been made illegal. It isn’t but it has to be done immediately, and dropped onto his foot. This was treated like deliberately kicking a loose ball - illegally advancing the ball. 

Although the rule doesn't read that way for an attempted punt [at least not anything I could find in re-reading the punting rule several times] and I have never seen the rule applied this way you are probably correct.  I always thought the rule is meant to be used when a random player kicks the ball - not sure it was meant for the punter who is attempting to kick the ball.  But like I said and as we all saw looking at it that way it was a correct call. Could have hurt big time.

On 3/7/2021 at 5:49 PM, jimbo said:

You know more about this than I do, but why don’t we ever seem to run stretch plays...with stretch blocking? Other teams seem to use it with much success. 

Actually I think we all agree.  I don't like the constant running the inside gaps - especially when it's not working.  I was yelling that at my computer.  Misdirection or off tackle or even outside the tackle.  They did finally pitch outside and he got a few more yards.  Trying to get the shorts yards and pull the DB's in a little.  Been a complaint for several years.  Gotta be in the game plan. I just don't like it.

This should be a good game.  I didn’t watch the Maine vs Delaware game last week so don’t know how they lost by so much.  That said, I think Fagnano was one of the best quarterbacks in the CAA last year and looked really good in beating us.  Also, the Maine defense is always really good - it’ll be a test for Undercuffler and the wide receivers as Maine plays a lot of press defense with the corners so the wide outs have to get open and beat the man to man coverage.

speaking of wide receivers, anyone know what happened to Chris Potts?  He was listed as a starting WR as well as punt returner but I don’t think he played at all last week.

On 3/11/2021 at 9:37 AM, reeder said:

This should be a good game.  I didn’t watch the Maine vs Delaware game last week so don’t know how they lost by so much.  That said, I think Fagnano was one of the best quarterbacks in the CAA last year and looked really good in beating us.  Also, the Maine defense is always really good - it’ll be a test for Undercuffler and the wide receivers as Maine plays a lot of press defense with the corners so the wide outs have to get open and beat the man to man coverage.

one thing from the first game, I don't think New Hampshire ever tested our secondary deep. Something to watch, or see if we get enough pass rush that he can't

• Like 1

speaking of wide receivers, anyone know what happened to Chris Potts?  He was listed as a starting WR as well as punt returner but I don’t think he played at all last week.

Good question.  Injured?  He is still on the roster.

Delaware beat them 37-0 .  https://bangordailynews.com/2021/03/06/sports/umaine-sports/delaware-dominates-umaine-in-caa-football-opener/