UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Gattuso and his staff are not getting the job done.  He’s a predictable coach.  Year 8 and it’s more of the same. “But the game was close…we fought”. Duck that noise.  He’s not a good head coach.  He’s a position coach. End discussion.  Year 8 and more than half of our two deep (maybe a little 3 deep) are underclassmen.  We should be loaded in year 8.  Excuses stop.  It’s a bad football team, and very undisciplined.  That’s been that way for his whole tenure.  

Coach Brown had less resources and did better. He was terminate.  Benson has put all his money on football. Remember, Gattuso isn’t his hire.  I’m just tired of this and at some point Benson needs to make a decision.  This is a multi million dollar failure but for one season with an NFL caliber wideout.  Even in that season, we were not remotely ready to play with the big boys 

we look slow  we look weak  we look boring offensively  

yeah, I get this is a young group…but when does that excuse stop   

this is insane already   Definition of insanity is repeating the same thing over and over, especially when it fails   

Edited by Dane96
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Gattuso and his staff are not getting the job done.  He’s a predictable coach.  Year 8 and it’s more of the same. “But the game was close…we fought”. Duck that noise.  He’s not a good head coach.  He’s a position coach. End discussion.  Year 8 and more than half of our two deep (maybe a little 3 deep) are underclassmen.  We should be loaded in year 8.  Excuses stop.  It’s a bad football team, and very undisciplined.  That’s been that way for his whole tenure.  

Coach Brown had less resources and did better. He was terminate.  Benson has put all his money on football. Remember, Gattuso isn’t his hire.  I’m just tired of this and at some point Benson needs to make a decision.  This is a multi million dollar failure but for one season with an NFL caliber wideout.  Even in that season, we were not remotely ready to play with the big boys 

we look slow  we look weak  we look boring offensively  

yeah, I get this is a young group…but when does that excuse stop   

this is insane already   Definition of insanity is repeating the same thing over and over, especially when it fails   

Yep...this...there are no excuses left to make. Years and years of the same thing. Benson made the tough choice before...at the end of the season time to take a long hard look at a program that has gotten a ton of resources and does nothing with them. 

• Like 1

Let's talk facts, I love facts. 8 Seasons, and I am not giving a pandemic pass because other CAA teams played with the same issues.  Here are your facts:

• 3 total winning seasons over 8 seasons (including this year)
  • 1 of those season's were with Ford recruited players
  • 1 winning CAA season in 8 seasons
  • 1 .500 CAA season in 8 seasons
  • Total Record over 8 Seasons: 34 wins 40 losses
  • Total CAA Record over 8 Seasons: 19 wins and 35 losses.  THIS STAT IS RIDICULOUS AS THE CAA MATTERS THE MOST.  We are 16 games under .500.
  • Last Four Season Record (presuming he has built his program): 13 wins and 18 losses, even if you don't count pandemic year you are at 3 games under .500
  • Last Four Season CAA Record: 8 wins and 14 Losses.  Even if you take away the pandemic year, its four games under .500

This is not progress...it's abject vanilla, and basically admitting we are ok with mediocrity.  We spend approximately $4.6 million on this nonsense?  We destroy fan interest (8,100 tonight).  We are picked to finish in the bottom of the league.

This is not progress.  The facts are facts.  We deserve more.  I hope and pray Gattuso turns it around.  If he doesn't, questions need to be asked of the AD.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1