UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2022 UAlbany Baseball

Finish the sweep of Iona today 11-1. Record now 8-3, but except for UGA has to be so far one of the weakest schedules around. Tuesday at CCSU, which has played only 3 games, won two of three vs. Navy. After that another series against a probably weak team, Coppin State, before starting league play.

16 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

Finish the sweep of Iona today 11-1. Record now 8-3, but except for UGA has to be so far one of the weakest schedules around. Tuesday at CCSU, which has played only 3 games, won two of three vs. Navy. After that another series against a probably weak team, Coppin State, before starting league play.

All true...but fantastic confidence booster.  They played really well against Georgia so I think this team is somewhere between a power low-mid major team right now and a merely solid one.  Baseball is one of the funkier sports around with respect to winning games you should and losing games you shouldn't.  With that in mind, what does everyone think we can do with the OOC left, featuring:

CCSU- 1 game

Coppin State- 3 games

UMASS- 1 game

Dartmouth- 1 Game

Manhattan- 1 Game

FDU- 1 game.

Personally, I think 5-3 is the target...with 6-2 entirely possible.  That would put us at 13-6 or 14-5 OOC.  

Based on the strength of our pod this year, missing SBU twice, I can see us going 20-10 in the league...for a 33-16 or 34-15 record .  This could be a special year.   I think we have had 1 or 2 (at best) 30 win seasons in Division 1. 

Edited by Dane96

I'd think at least 5-3. 6-2 probable . Dartmouth like UMES didn't play last year, but we don't play them for five weeks, and they did  get 1  of 3 at Louisville with two bad losses, and took 2 of 3 at Gardner Webb, . Sweep Coppin State, FDU again, probably Manhattan, UMass and CCSU competitive at worst.

Of course it also depends on pitching matchups

Edited by UAalum72

As UAalum72 said, the remaining OOC games will come down to pitching matchups.  We'll see our front line starters in the 3 game series vs Coppin St on the weekend.  We should be in very good shape in those games.  The mid-week games are where we usually see whoever Jon wants to give some work / opportunities to.  It's not uncommon to see four or five guys pitch in those games.  That's usually the same for the other teams as well so midweek games can turn into slugfests.  With our lineup, I like our chances if our pitching is even average in those games.  

Cwdickens

I never said I was an expert. Certainly enjoy the game and certainly there are some head scratchers on the rpi listings like there always are. Winless Iona who hasn't been competitive with anyone as #168. Wow.

Now that st Peter's won a few games, I figured Iona was in contention with LCC and perhaps Niagara to be the last team to get their first win.