UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Basketball floor

If the floor is only going to be started after the Giants leave, I would imagine there will be construction hold ups and delays and the teams will probablly work out in the old gym and won't get onto the New Floor until December and therefore we start with more "ROAD" games.

For some reason nothing comes easy for the UA Hoop teams.

You do realize its basically a concrete floor that's been painted over right? I don't have details but I am guessing the powers that be are going to want a traditional hardwood floor that almost every other team in country plays on. Also, you have to remember that track, lax and a host of other teams use the facility on rainy/snowy days, so they may need to create something different. You can't really shove 5 teams in the bubble on a daily basis.

The other option is buy an elevated hardwood floor that pieces together, which is used at most dual facillities.

"Coulda, Shoulda but won't"

It all matters what type of floor they are doing, if it's prefab, portable type it can come in sealed and painted and just be layed down. But where would we store it and how would it affect our indoor track season, graduation and special events. Do we even have the manpower to handle laying and picking up a portable floor?

If it's a permanent type floor (with some type of underneath corking or padding) over the existing floor you are talking some major work and it has to be marked, painted and sealed and look for the job to be of a much larger scale.

The marking , painting and sealing of a new permanent floor, alone could take more than 2 weeks.

I was told it was not going into the ground. Just from simple construction alone, a court can't go in the ground w/o the same effects the current floor gives. I wouldnt worry about it boys. And no sweat for track....the center court doesnt effect the track.

i always liked the kind of floor they have at Duke, Indiana or Purdue, were the floor is on like a platform above the ground, and the benches and media seats are on the floor around the court...but i cant picture that at the RACC at all.

not to be overly cosmetic, but one simple request for the administration, work with pros on the design of floor lettering/illustration ... i'm thinking back a few seasons when there was a poor outline of the state near midcourt and 'albany' printed in small block letters on the baselines ... the designs of the past couple years have been better, but there is still room for improvement ... "little things matter" ... do it right the first time with the new floor