UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Cam Healy

Not sure he was a role player. Before December he was getting his feet and health back. He played over 30 minutes a game from 12/11 on, having 40 or more minutes played 3 times.

He shot 36.5% from deep for the season, and averaged over 10pts per game, while not getting much time the first 7 games. He scored 20+ five times, including 32 against Kent State. No his team wasn't great, but the MAC is a FBS league.

No he wasn't what we thought he could be after his freshman year, but if he is healthy you can't tell me that his scoring ability wouldn't have really helped this team and it's shooting woes.

I'd welcome him back in a second if coming home (basketball wise) was something that interested him. 

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

Not sure he was a role player. Before December he was getting his feet and health back. He played over 30 minutes a game from 12/11 on, having 40 or more minutes played 3 times.

He shot 36.5% from deep for the season, and averaged over 10pts per game, while not getting much time the first 7 games. He scored 20+ five times, including 32 against Kent State. No his team wasn't great, but the MAC is a FBS league.

No he wasn't what we thought he could be after his freshman year, but if he is healthy you can't tell me that his scoring ability wouldn't have really helped this team and it's shooting woes.

I'd welcome him back in a second if coming home (basketball wise) was something that interested him. 

I agree.  He got better as the season progressed.  However, I want to move on.  We need to get more atheltic.  Guys who can create off the dribble and make shots. 

9 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

Any scoring would have helped this team...especially from the outside opening up the driving lanes. He was very streaky, when hot he was HOT and could put up big number. But in half the games roughly Jan and on he had some rough games looking at offensive ratings. 84 against Miami OH, 56 against Ohio, 51 against Wester Mich, 38 against Buffalo. 

Not sure where you got that he wouldn't have helped this team if healthy. I think his injuries really held him back from what I thought he would be. 

I said he would have helped this team immensely, and depending on who graduates, who leaves, and who returns, there should be a space for him here if he decided to come home. He might not be an all-conference player anymore, but I'm not sure how much better we could hope to get in the portal.

6 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

I said he would have helped this team immensely, and depending on who graduates, who leaves, and who returns, there should be a space for him here if he decided to come home. He might not be an all-conference player anymore, but I'm not sure how much better we could hope to get in the portal.

Hopefully a lot better

• Like 2