UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Baseball - games 42 to 44 vs NJIT

Season comes to an end with another schedule change. Thursday to Saturday vs the highlanders of njit. Thursday game at ValleyCats stadium is now a day game. So I will no longer be able to attend.  Hopefully they end the season with a series win. Senior day is Saturday 

Already clinched NO conference tournament. Pretty hard to NOT make the AmEast turn. 6 of 7 teams get in. OH wait basketball accomplished the same feat of excellence, missed out when 8 of 9 get in.

8-32-1 overall 2-19 conference [even if they win out this weekend 11/5 wins--pretty pathetic.🤪]

With basketball, baseball & volleyball not even making it into the tournament;  pretty sure more teams NOT EVEN IN than won conference championships [only one I recall women's outdoor track.]

And of course football as per usual NOT a caa/ncaa participant.

In the professional sports world, {which College Athletics has pretty much entered}; THE MAN AT TOP with a record such as above {not even mentioning other failures}, would summarily BE SENT PACKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by dslyank

52 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Already clinched NO conference tournament. Pretty hard to NOT make the AmEast turn. 6 of 7 teams get in. OH wait basketball accomplished the same feat of excellence, missed out when 8 of 9 get in.

8-32-1 overall 2-19 conference [even if they win out this weekend 11/5 wins--pretty pathetic.🤪]

With basketball, baseball & volleyball not even making it into the tournament;  pretty sure more teams NOT EVEN IN than won conference championships [only one I recall women's outdoor track.]

And of course football as per usual NOT a caa/ncaa participant.

In the professional sports world, {which College Athletics has pretty much entered}; THE MAN AT TOP with a record such as above {not even mentioning other failures}, would summarily BE SENT PACKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In all due respect, have you taken the time to Coach Jon Mueller this season? 

I have and I know Jon is very concerned about the performance of his team.  Jon stated he was surprised how poorly at times the defense was and the pitching never was really there.  He did not make excesses using the inability to recruit quality students-athletes due to our on-campus facilities.  

Jon vowed to work hard at recruiting the players needed to make the team more successful next year.  This has been a common theme from Coach Killings and the assistant football coaches that I have talked to. 

Dumping on a team and their coach is becoming all too common place on the blog when a team's record speaks for itself. 

Dslyank 

Yes. They had a tough year and clinched last and no conference tournament. Doesn't mean I would stop rooting for them to go out with a series win. Especially for the seniors.  I was looking forward to a Thursday night game after work. 

• Like 1

End the season with an 8-0 win. I saw the first 3 innings before heading to lacrosse.  8 1/3 innings from a starting pitcher was much needed.

Hopefully a better season next year plus a warm weather trip early in the season.  A trip to a state I have yet to see the Danes play in would be ideal.  

Edited by bob87
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, GreatDanes06 said:

will never happen, but maybe its time to look at a new coach. What has this program done lately...not much.

Yeah. Binghamton has raised millions of dollars more than albany baseball. New fundraisers as well?

• Thanks 1