UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

WBB - Game 19/Conference Game 6 - vs Maine, Broadview Center, Albany, NY, Thursday, January 25, 2024, 7:00PM

3 hours ago, alum73 said:

Our women draw pretty well.  The Thursday games don't draw as well as Saturday. It's a very important game. I hope the students come out.

There is a two seat special for $16.00 for tomorrow's game.

1/25 WBB vs Maine SPLASH - University at Albany Great Danes - Official Athletics Website (ualbanysports.com)

On 1/24/2024 at 7:41 PM, cwdickens said:

I expect this game to be a nail biter to the end.

How close was this game .... the final minute of play took approximately 20 minutes actual time to play out.

Edited by cwdickens
clarify

I watched the whole thing and it was definitely contested in the fourth quarter. I can’t recall ever seeing so many “let’s go to the replay” moments in a game, let alone in the final minute. On the other hand, it was a real duel at the end between two good teams and two top notch coaches. That part was a pleasure to watch. Thankfully Deja Evan’s was back in the lineup or they might not have pulled this one out. With both her and Cooper on the floor with Helene’s calm experience and the troop of talented guards they are a tough match up for any team in the AE. Sarah K played all 40 minutes! 

The last 1:12 took 22 minutes, and I counted four video reviews, three timeouts, and seven fouls.

Ironic that the NCAA went to quarters and changed the foul shot bonus to try to speed up the game, then added the "timeout-advance to mid-court" to ensure the final minute takes forever.

• Confused 1