Jump to content



UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recommended Posts

With Maryland 's loss to Hopkins last night Quint's bracket now has Albany with the 2nd seed and playing UMass at home with the winner probably playing Notre Dame. Now that would be a great rematch with a reasonably healthy Connor Fields.

Connor seemed to be walking around after the game pretty well. I had read speculation about how would the selection committee seed Albany based upon Connor's injury situation? Connor has already come out and said he is playing. I wonder if that is a bit of a smoke screen for the committee?

I am still perplexed about how good Connor looked against Hartford and how bad he looked against UML. Coach Marr made the right call yesterday, and I wonder if Connor's availability next week depends on the seed and who Albany draws?

I think Albany can handle just about any first round game without Connor with the possible exception of Denver, but to win it all we need Connor in some capacity. At this point I am not sure if one or two week's rest matters in terms of getting Connor back healthy enough to play at or near his best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

 

I think Albany can handle just about any first round game without Connor with the possible exception of Denver, but to win it all we need Connor in some capacity. At this point I am not sure if one or two week's rest matters in terms of getting Connor back healthy enough to play at or near his best.

Said the same thing earlier. I think the disparity between the top 6 and the rest of the field is huge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

With Maryland 's loss to Hopkins last night Quint's bracket now has Albany with the 2nd seed and playing UMass at home with the winner probably playing Notre Dame. Now that would be a great rematch with a reasonably healthy Connor Fields.

Connor seemed to be walking around after the game pretty well. I had read speculation about how would the selection committee seed Albany based upon Connor's injury situation? Connor has already come out and said he is playing. I wonder if that is a bit of a smoke screen for the committee?

I am still perplexed about how good Connor looked against Hartford and how bad he looked against UML. Coach Marr made the right call yesterday, and I wonder if Connor's availability next week depends on the seed and who Albany draws?

I think Albany can handle just about any first round game without Connor with the possible exception of Denver, but to win it all we need Connor in some capacity. At this point I am not sure if one or two week's rest matters in terms of getting Connor back healthy enough to play at or near his best.

I'm not perplexed at all.  I think it has to do with how well or poorly his knee is taped or wrapped under the brace.  They have to decide if they want him to play at anywhere near his ability [wrap it well] or not.  A tight wrapping will likely limit his ability to dodge some BUT will help support it and help him play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

Said the same thing earlier. I think the disparity between the top 6 and the rest of the field is huge

I agree.  I was thinking UMass or Robert Morris as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if committee wants us to play another rematch in 1st round but we have owned UMass past few years so that would  be favorable to move on possibly with Fields sitting it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What time is the seeding announced? I bought my tickets, but I'm hoping for a Saturday game. I got my tickets, but I'm thinking I'd rather not have the game on mothers day. The wife won't be as pleased lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9pm tonight on ESPNU.

Edited by nysteve661

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nysteve661 said:

9pm tonight on ESPN.  

ESPNU!

With Cornell win you have to think Danes are the #2 seed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

ESPNU!

With Cornell win you have to think Danes are the #2 seed.

Sorry, forgot a letter.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And now Yale loses just when you thought they were the hottest team.   What a lax season!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just dreaming That!  And the look on Q's and Carcs face in the studio. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is that it is Maryland and hard to argue with how much tougher the Big10 is and the route to the final of their tournament.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

And now Yale loses just when you thought they were the hottest team.   What a lax season!  

WOW!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×