UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

8 minutes ago, DanesRGood said:

What he said. Denver scares me. Their D is very physical and we've had problems with physical defenses. Baptiste is a senior and very good so faceoffs could be even. Our D and JD are going to have to pick some ass. Going to be a battle. I was rooting for ND after watching the first three quarters. 

Me too, but it is what it is.  We have far more weapons than ND did.  Remember we have had 10 - 12 different guys score in games this year.  TD needs to be better than he has against other big guys.  The wings have to be REALLY aggressive, as do our def. guys.  The def. definitely has picked it up the last couple of games.

I hope the TD/baptiste thing does not become a distraction. On paper we are as good as denver defensively; probably better. We have a huge edge in goal, where denver has tried 2 or 3 with mixed results. Close D probably even, with midfield defense same if UA uses the bigger two ways. Offensively we are superior across the board and if Connor is close to 100%, we should score plenty. Even, if Connor somewhat less than 100 and denver ties him up, we have enough fire power still. My main concern is if TD struggles, the rest of the team needs to pick him up. In the yale game and to some extent last year's ¼ game vs maryland; the whole team seemed to "die", with TD struggling. WE ARE GOOD ENOUGH OFFENSIVELY AND DEFENSIVELY to compete, even if TD struggles. I hope TD dominates baptiste or at least holds his own; but if he does not, UA cannot use that as an excuse. The D needs to step-up, be stout and get the ball to the offense who needs to (quote Marr) "have fun!"

Edited by dslyank

2 hours ago, JPompo6 said:

Okay- taking bets on the percetnage of faceoffs won by TD this weekend? I think it can go anywhere from 0-60%. And I say that very seriously, Baptiste is the best FOGO in the WORLD. he is on team USA. I hope TD schools him though.

51% to TD

I believe TD is at 82% for year.  Of that, he won close to 90% of those on his own before the wings were within 10 ft of him. BUT not in the Yale game.  Mackie is a big dude, so is Baptiste,  and Mackie tied the ball up alot and his wings killed us.  Not sure how good Denver's wings are, they may be untested like ours due to how many FO's are won clean.  TD may try to hold him off long as he can, but our wings have to get the GBs.  

1 hour ago, nysteve661 said:

I believe TD is at 82% for year.  Of that, he won close to 90% of those on his own before the wings were within 10 ft of him. BUT not in the Yale game.  Mackie is a big dude, so is Baptiste,  and Mackie tied the ball up alot and his wings killed us.  Not sure how good Denver's wings are, they may be untested like ours due to how many FO's are won clean.  TD may try to hold him off long as he can, but our wings have to get the GBs.  

spot on. I guarentee DU's wings are very athletic, so it will come down to who has the better chemistry of the two rope units.

2 hours ago, nysteve661 said:

Mayle is academically ineligible which hurts them a lot. Nick Phillips is a very good short stick SSDM, but I would give Troy the edge over the new Denver LSM.

On 5/14/2018 at 1:24 PM, nysteve661 said:

Td at 83.4%.  Agree - wings got to be aggressive and tough!!