UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

SUNY Capital Plans

MRSGDG

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UAlbany is asking for $293M in capital funds. Wonder where they say the money will be spent? Wonder if we have a chance to get the funds?... afterall we dont have "Buffalo" or "Stony Brook" in our university name. I find bills that include those names have a greater likelihood of getting passed.

http://wnyt.com/article/stories/S2948453.shtml?cat=300

UAlbany is asking for $293M in capital funds. Wonder where they say the money will be spent? Wonder if we have a chance to get the funds?... afterall we dont have "Buffalo" or "Stony Brook" in our university name. I find bills that include those names have a greater likelihood of getting passed.

http://wnyt.com/arti...3.shtml?cat=300

The outline presented was:

Renovate Instructional spaces - $17 million

Downtown Campus renovation - $64 million

Design & Construct new storage bldg. - $22 million Frees up space for instruction and admin.

Renovate old Health Center and Bus. Admin bldgs (25 & 27) $54.2 million

Begin design to renovate 4 bldgs Biology, Library, Education, Campus Center - $18.3 million

Design Athletic and Recreation improvements - $12 million (design a new fieldhouse and expansion of multi-Sport facility are noted)

Critical Maintenance and Capital improvments $107.7 million

Edited by alum73

Design & Construct new storage bldg. - $22 million Frees up space for instruction and admin.

Begin design to renovate 4 bldgs Biology, Library, Education, Campus Center - $18.3 million

Design Athletic and Recreation improvements - $12 million (design a new fieldhouse and expansion of multi-Sport facility are noted)

Did they state that this request would be apart of the capital funds in this year's budget executive budget proposal or for next year?

Thank you alum for the rundown...fantastic! Not sure if this is possible or how realistic, perhaps MsGDG can shed some light on it...

Thank you alum for the rundown...fantastic! Not sure if this is possible or how realistic, perhaps MsGDG can shed some light on it...

I don't believe the current budget lines out projects for the larger SUNYs (it does for the community colleges). Wasn't at the event so unsure if they're asking for additional funds to be added in the budget or if this is their ask for a piece of what's already in the budget language but not lined out project by project.. or if it's a future as for next year. Did UA have a press release?

Irrespective if we get the money, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new President. I don't think i have ever seen that many politicians make similar statements in one setting, EVER, on behalf of UA.

WOW.

And he is tying in politics with business; the tie in to the local economy, e.g. the construction industry, is brilliant!

KUDOS!!!!!!

And, if we do get $12mm for athletics...my guess is you can do the fieldhouse and at least a 4,000-6,000 seat expansion...NO PROBLEM.

The field house is truly huge because if they design it right, it can house so many opportunities for local use and sports teams.

And, if we do get $12mm for athletics...my guess is you can do the fieldhouse and at least a 4,000-6,000 seat expansion...NO PROBLEM.

The field house is truly huge because if they design it right, it can house so many opportunities for local use and sports teams.

If completed, does that mean that UA would no longer hear the complaining from the crosstown rivals that we can't host the annual game? Woudl the funding cover the obligatory bags?

A "field house" seems to mean a lot of different things.

What would it include? Indoor field for football, tennis, track, weight room, etc?

Where would it be located? Stadium end zone or elsewhere?

I realize these are just guesses but its insightful