UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Gattuso Coaching Philosophy / EA Sports College Football 25

In anticipation of College Football 25 being released by EA Sports next month and with the news that the "Team Builder" feature will be back, yours truly will be creating the Great Danes from scratch. I'm not sure what features will be available in Team Builder, but I imagine team history and philosophy will be part of it. So, to get a leg up...

Does anyone here know the answers to these questions?

• What type of base offense does Gattuso run?
  • What type of base defense does Gattuso run?
  • What are his preferences for certain positions?
    • For example, for QB he seems to like gun slingers?
    • For HB he seems to like power backs?
    • etc.

Unfortunately, the game will not have FCS football (at least initially) so people will need to create those teams (and put them into FBS leagues :( ) to be able to use them.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Eli

The base defense is a 4-3 (I’d also add that it seems like they like athletic defensive ends and outside linebackers).

Hard to say what the Base offense is but they run a lot of Run Pass Option (RPO).  On this board, we sometimes say that they run a lot of slants - those are usually RPO’s where the linebacker or safety play the run and the receiver runs to the vacated space.  I’ve never played EA sports so don’t know what kind of info they’d need but another option is that we play mostly a balanced offense from a one back set.

Preferences are also hard to say.  Gattuso has talked about pounding the football but the 2019 team and last years team had a significant passing component and Woodell wasn’t a power runner. I saw an interview with Ambrose a while ago saying that his offense is a reflection of his personnel.  But, if I had to say a preference, I’d say he’d ideally want an athletic gunslinger QB with a power RB.

This is just my interpretation of the preferences - interested in hearing other perspectives.

Edited by reeder
  • Like 1

Thank you for that! It's interesting to hear you say that the board thinks we run a lot of slants - I don't think we run nearly enough dink and dunk plays over the middle. I never played football in any organized form or fashion but I always feel like we throw way too many passes to the flats or huge bombs down the sideline.

EA Sports is the studio behind both Madden and now CFB 25. The last time they made a college football game was in 2014 and it was called NCAA Football 14. Then Ed Bannon vs NCAA happened...so glad CFB is back as a video game!

Yes Greg likes to run the ball but the Off is now as much of a reflection of Jared as well.  I don't think Jared necessarily wants a run and shoot Offense 'exclusively' but a coach uses what athletes that he has AND that are available each week. They have to be able to alter the game plan during the week and even during the game. Coaches are getting to a point where thev have mostly 'their' guys on the Off and Def.  The unknown each year now is the transfer portal - causes great players to leave but also brings others in.  Coaches need to really recruit wisely AND do a really good job each week during practice and the season.  An example is recognizing Giff's work last year during camp AND his worth to the team AND then giving him a full scholarship.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GreatDanes06 said:

I very much plan on getting UAlbany downloaded when it comes out, throwing them into the MAC and causing straight chaos! 

my-man-my-man-denzel.gif

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I've published my rendition of UAlbany! There is a few other versions out there made by others. If you want my version, just search for the username "fstlaneukraine".

The 'team builder' website is pretty limited in some things so as a result, I couldn't reproduce Casey Stadium and had to use an existing FCS teams stadium. I chose Kennesaw State whose stadium has a 8,4xx capacity which is close to our 8,500 or so sellouts. The problem with that is the signage on the stadium says Kennesaw State which is...dumb. But otherwise, UAlbany is "In The Game" (EA Sports' slogan).

Here are some photos:

2024-07-19-13-27-50-Team-Builder.png

2024-07-19-13-28-00-Team-Builder.png

2024-07-19-13-28-11-Team-Builder.png

2024-07-19-13-28-20-Team-Builder.png

2024-07-19-13-40-44-Team-Builder.png

2024-07-19-13-42-02-Team-Builder.png

2024-07-19-14-05-27-Xbox-Game-Streaming-

2024-07-19-14-10-20-Xbox-Game-Streaming-

2024-07-19-14-12-03-Xbox-Game-Streaming-

2024-07-19-14-12-16-Xbox-Game-Streaming-

2024-07-19-14-19-21-Xbox-Game-Streaming-

Edited by Eli
  • Thanks 1

Found it Eli...you are my team for Dynasty. Basically simulated the first year of dynasty just to get guys in recruiting wise. Somehow still made MAC Championship, but lost. Won my bowl game. Now that I got recruits in, no more simulations. Let's ride.

I do hate that with the stadiums they leave the other teams stuff up. I feel like it should be such an easy program switch to change it. Even the idea they say in broadcast "let's go back to Keenesaw for the 2nd half". But so be it. You had the best variation of the team. I hate when people make teams and make them an automatic Top 10 program. Yours is right on the spot.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, GreatDanes06 said:

Found it Eli...you are my team for Dynasty. Basically simulated the first year of dynasty just to get guys in recruiting wise. Somehow still made MAC Championship, but lost. Won my bowl game. Now that I got recruits in, no more simulations. Let's ride.

I do hate that with the stadiums they leave the other teams stuff up. I feel like it should be such an easy program switch to change it. Even the idea they say in broadcast "let's go back to Keenesaw for the 2nd half". But so be it. You had the best variation of the team. I hate when people make teams and make them an automatic Top 10 program. Yours is right on the spot.

Yeah, I made them cupcake and a 70-72 rating because that's likely the level we're at against FBS teams. 

Also, the Kennesaw State stadium is similar to ours (even has gold seats on one side and screen behind one end zone and 8xxx seating capacity). There is definitely issues though - I posted like 8 things on the EA forums in the hopes they get fixed. When they fix the team builder site I'll add Bob Ford Field behind the goal posts like our new field is going to have. 

Funny you made them MAC as well, I did the same hah. I left the CAA emblem off the jersey just in case people picked different conferences. 

All in all I'm happy to have college football back!

Edited by Eli

• Eli changed the title to Gattuso Coaching Philosophy / EA Sports College Football 25

Only thing I just realized is that, in game, the bottom section of the white jerseys is 'gray' even though the entire jersey is only selectable as one color. Again, EA bugs...hopefully they fix that.

Every game released these days, no matter the genre, seems to be ALWAYS half baked. It's ridiculous.