UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

35-27...almost had a heart attack

Albany almost gave the game away to a lesser team today. They fumbled with 50 seconds when they were trying to kill the clock. Wagner recovered and had the ball on our 21 with a chance...my heart almost stopped. But we held on when the ball sailed over the receiver's head....WOW! Fordie was pissed in the post game interview.

This was 35-17 at the end of the 3rd qtr. Our secondary is not real good. Omar Johnson got a lot of playing time running the ball and he looks to be a real terror in the future. He is a big bruising back.

Pretty poor time mangement during the end. A couple of times when they were trying to run out the clock they snapped the ball with 15+ seconds left on the play clock instead of running it down. Bazan had fumbled a couple of snaps earlier and in the stands we were talking about how he should be in the shotgun during that final possession when he lost another fumbled snap.

You could certainly see why UCLA recruited Wagners QB. If he had any kind of a line they would be eating the conference up.

Sorry to hear about Vidal. I like Omar Johnson but it seemed like he played as much today out of necessity as anything else. All that depth we had at running back earlier this year is gone.

Aside from the last-second drama, one disappointing note from the Wagner game was attendance. The TU called the crowd "sparse" and the box score listed the gate as 1100, which I note was a smaller crowd, at least as reported in the box scores, than both the Union and RPI home football games played at the same time :-/

If there's a positive for having the game televised it was today. I walked into another department in our office today and someone (a $iena fan actually) was talking about how good Bazan was. He had seen the game on TV and was raving about him. He asked me why the hell he would ever hand off to someone else.

Greetings....... first post here.

Wanted to ask you football guys a question. With the stadium being built soon, with the program on the way up and out of the NEC ........ how come a big game like last weekends Wagner tilt didnt get more fans? That sounds more like a Marist crowd of 1100. Is that a usual crowd or is it something that will grow with the building of the stadium?

Welcome Lourdes....

In my opinion the consensus among average fans is that Albany is having a terrible year with a 4-5 record. They do not understand that they played up the first 4 games of the the year. If they finish 6-5 the season in most peoples eyes is a disappointment. The Albany fans have been spoiled. That coupled with cold weather is probably the reason. If they were 7-1 going into this game it would of been different. Also Wagner is not a named opponent. If Hofstra, Brown, Montana, Harvard etc were coming to campus for a competitive game you would also see bigger crowds.

Additionally the stadium set up as it is now does not present the fans with an enjoyable view of the game. Many people simply will not go the games, because when its on TV there is a better view. I think the stadium combined with nationally known opponents will bring an abundance of fans in the future. This town is also beginning to realize that it is a college town and not a pro-sports town. Slowly but surely, things will turn around with regards to attendance.