UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Season Tickets?

I talked with some folks at The RACC yesterday and was told there will be no ticket needed for the Womens' game at HVCC. There will be a specifc mailing for tickets for the Mens' game (vs LIU) at St. Rose (these were just going out in the mail) and the rest of the ticket package for games at The RACC will go out "shortly".

I hope this helps.

Got my LIU tickets today, along with a handy map showing where the parking lots are at St. Rose. The enclosure said we should have the rest of the season ticket package before Dec. 24.

The main bleachers were rolled out in the RACC today, but there was still a sander on the floor, and it hasn't been painted yet.

Edited by UAalum72

• 2 weeks later...

I received my season tickets and parking pass in Saturday's mail, together with a letter indicating a policy change regarding use of the Hall of Fame room. Instead of your season ticket affording you entry to the Hall of Fame room before games and at half-time, admission will now be restricted to those making a minimum $100 donation to Athletics or those who join the new Alumni Association constituant group, the Varsity Club.

For those unfamiliar with the Varsity Club, this is my understanding: There is polling data nationwide that indicates that university graduates over the past 10-15 years identify more closely with activities they were involved in while at college than they do with traditional class years. So, our Alumni Association, following a national trend to energize alumni has formed a number of constituent groups because grads are more likely to attend reunions, etc of these groups than they are to attend reunions of their class year. At approximately the same time the Alumni Association was looking into creating a constituent group of graduated varsity athletes, the Athletic Department was looking into creating an Athletic Booster Club. Rather than compete against each other for membership, essentially they have joined forces and created this new Alumni Association constituent group called the Varsity Club and they will begin marketing membership at $75.00 per year for former athletes and booster-types. Unfortunately, it was not ready to roll out when Alumni Assn dues statement went out last month, but in the future, we'll be able to pay Varsity Club dues together with Alumni Association dues.

In addtion to the food there will also be complimentary beer and wine. Very nice.

I'll be curious to see how this works. If you're a varsity club member and a season ticket holder does it mean everyone who goes to the game with your season ticket can get into the Hall of Fame room? Or is it just the person that's a Varisty Club member who can get in and the rest of your party has to wait outside?

I spoke with Don Ostrom about the Hall of Fame Club thing for Thursday. He said people who went with me and my season tickets could get into the Hall of Fame room because I'm a Varsity Club member. Hopefully this clears things up a little. As with all things new there may be a few problems the first time out.