UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Chancellor King to take leave of absence

statefan

I just saw on Channel 9 that SUNY Chancellor King is going to take a leave of absence. Hopefully, this will lead to his resignation. I realize some of you strongly disagree with me, but I have always felt that Chancellor King was the biggest impediment to our facilities plan. He was put in place by Gov. Pataki solely to keep State University budgetary costs down - at any and all cost, and it was he who was responsible for Presdint Karen Hitchcock's departure. On an otherwise dreary day, to me, this is great news.

King has been nothing but a Pataki pawn who never had the best interests of the State University on his agenda. What he did to President Hitchcock demonstrated his lack of integrity and indifference toward the University.

i beg you, if you are against this move or are sick of Chancellor King and this bs policy he runs, please send SUNY a message. I already did. In nearly a year, i will be joining many of you here as a UA Alumni, and i always believe Alumni and current sutdents should always speak up and help each other. Go to:

http://www.suny.edu/templates/SUNY/Contact...contactform.cfm

im not a liberal guy. Im a moderate who actually agrees with many Republican views. Im just sick of this guy and his bs policy.

On a positive note, if Chancellor King does leave for a bit, looks like John Ryan will be come the interim (TODAY's TU). This would bode well for us. For one, he is a pro-active leader who will do what he can with an decreased budget. Second, he knows what UA needs. Although we would not get public special consideration, I would suspect some needs would be pushed to the top of the pile. Third, maybe King won't come back, opening the door for this good man to become Chancellor, a job you bet he would take.

I'm not sure how likely it would be that Pres. Ryan would take the permenant job of Chancellor if offered. The reason why he didn't take another turn as the Superintendant at the Naval Academy in Annapolis (something about him being their only one in history to be offered it twice) was because he was essentially finally putting his wife first.

His wife does something with real estate in Westchester and the city, so (after his wife sacraficing with him being in the Navy for so long) he decided to take a MUCH LESS presitgious job at the helm of SUNY Maritime to be close to his wife.

The only reason he took the interim job here (he declined after the first two offers) was because Gov. Pataki (I am fairly sure as Ryan says something about the call from the 'highest authority') called him and personally asked him.

The Chancellor's spot would require much more effort and time away from his wife again. And with Pataki leaving in less than 2 years now, I doubt he will swing his weight again to try to put someone at the post, even if Ryan would say yes.

Don't get me wrong though, I would LOVE for him to do it. I have worked with him a lot and he is an amazing President and person. If only SUNY could be so lucky.

Damn, didnt know about all that personal history. I never write letters to the editor, emails etc. I have sent two in the last year: One to McElroy about the direction he has put us in, and One to Ryan thanking him for his service and begging him to stay (I CC'd King on it).

The man is a great guy and while I totally understand his commitment to his wife, I am a little disapointed he will not be the head honcho.

i love Albany with a passion. And the main reason i went to visit ASU, go to the game etc... this week is because im potentially looking to go there for grad school. The sad thing is that i love Albany sooooo much. But i may not beable to afford it. With a 3.74 GPA, Albany to me is loosing a good investment from me. I want to stay, but right now, ASU is grabbing me, frankly because even if i get out of state tutition, which i can appeal because my dad lives in Arizona, it would still be cheaper for me then Albany...i wrote the board a message anout my disapproval of him.