UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Best UAlbany Team Gets No Recognition!

Play_Fair

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You havent been to Tennesse in the winter I guess. North Carolina either. It gets pretty cold in those two places.

Raleigh Average January- 49H- 30L

Feb- 53H - 32L

Mar 61H - 40L

Knoxville- January 47H - 30L

about the same as raleigh

College Park January 42H - 25L

Feb 46 - 28

Mar 55 - 35

Albany January 31 - 13

Feb 34 - 16

Mar 45 - 25

So on average, Albany is about 13 degrees cooler than both College Park and Knoxville. Your point, while noteworthy, still doesnt wash. This is a business....and the fact is, no matter what kind of awesome facility we get, track meets arent bringing in the type of $$$$ to the school which would justify building a facility just to build it. Fact is, no matter what, at every school there are two or three sports that make money. Depending where you live, these are the few that make $$: Football, Basketball, Hockey, and Baseball.

96 and I finally agree on something. It has to be about the money.

Now, if you're going to host the Section II track meets, great. Hell, you could even host other section's meets. It won't bring in money, but you write that off as publicity.

The point about the winters that Caracciolo made was a good one, in terms of not temperature but the snow. Still, indoor track is indoor track. I think anyone who competes will tell you events are different indoors, the curves are different, etc. more laps, and yet even those big schools don't have indoor tracks. That was my main point.

I think that more people, alumni, fans, current students, administration, would be more supportive of the IDEA of an indoor track if it were centered around it being the centerpiece of a new athletics-only building. Then, you could turn the students loose on the RACC whenever the two hoops teams were not practicing. Essentially, turn the RACC into a two-sport building instead of a 19-sport building.

Here is what I would like to see if the indoor track were to come to fruition:

1.) The banked indoor track surrounding an artificial surface that would be used by football, both lacrosses, baseball and softball during the winter.

2.) Offices in the building to replace those in the PE Building, giving the teams more space.

3.) Indoor batting cages for baseball/softball use (even Hartford has those!).

4.) The existing track locker rooms in the RACC should then be converted into something useful, hopefully for general student use. One could possibly be a media room.

5.) Since the RACC track would then be obsolete, use the portable basketball hoops strewn around the RACC and put them up against the bleachers to allow more general students to use the RACC for basketball.

You havent been to Tennesse in the winter I guess. North Carolina either. It gets pretty cold in those two places.

Raleigh Average January- 49H- 30L

Feb- 53H - 32L

Mar 61H - 40L

Knoxville- January 47H - 30L

about the same as raleigh

College Park January 42H - 25L

Feb 46 - 28

Mar 55 - 35

Albany January 31 - 13

Feb 34 - 16

Mar 45 - 25

So on average, Albany is about 13 degrees cooler than both College Park and Knoxville. Your point, while noteworthy, still doesnt wash. This is a business....and the fact is, no matter what kind of awesome facility we get, track meets arent bringing in the type of $$$$ to the school which would justify building a facility just to build it. Fact is, no matter what, at every school there are two or three sports that make money. Depending where you live, these are the few that make $$: Football, Basketball, Hockey, and Baseball.

Hmmm Well no worries here, All this is just DEBATE anyways. So getting the Avg's and all that jazz from diff cities and univ's isn't going to really change anyone's mind now is it?

Like I said "No Worries" cuz I'm a UA TnF Alum and will ALWAYS support my team whether they have a 13 meter triangular plastic track or a state of the art track. Bottom line it's all about showing love for your fellow sports and athletes.

There'll ALWASY be $$$ issues and people will always have varying and diff opinions as to how $$ should be used and on what. So no point in me coming on here and bashing my head on a forum and debating/arguing (chose your style) about things that are more or less (Unless you folk know something I don't) are outta my hands.

He Shoots, He....

Yeah, I hope facilities can drive us into a better (more respected) conference. Who knows how badly the conference will dissolve by then. It will definitely not get better unless it adds football to its list of sports. As far as track goes in this frequently changing conference, who will push UA after Northeastern leaves this year...Central Connecticut, and Quinnapiac University have both made a push to fill there shoes. With those 2 schools entering (aside from QU's XC, and Distance squad) I think the conference will be even weaker in terms of quality, reputation, notoriety, and national competative strengths.

Ummm, dont know where you are getting CCSU and Q info, but they are not on the AE radar now. If you have some info that is opposed to this line of thought...please share because most of us will be highly dissapointed if either of those schools get let into the conference. The Presidents have gone on record stating they are not expanding. So...what are you talking about?

Regardless of the political rhetoric that you guys have been told a new team WILL replace NU in conference. I have the ultimate inside sources for most of the issues that I have discussed. I also have pictures of the athletic master plan blueprints coming soon, just have to confirm with my peeps that its ok to post!!!! Later

Well 1) if you work for the school in the athletic dept...you are illegally posting here. 2) We all have sources....and I know at least four people on this board with SERIOUS INSIDE SOURCES. I also have sources at both schools you mention....very high sources...like as high as you get before the trustees at one school. THERE HAS BEEN NO OFFICIAL MOVEMENT, NOR IS THERE A COMMISSIONER IN PLACE.

Further, CCSU is in a serious budget predicament...they barely have enough funding now and there is a split within the school on what level they should be at. Oh yeah, my contact that is high up does not reside at CCSU.

Nice try though.

Edited by Dane96

Either school would basically spell the demise of the America East, at least in my eyes.

When people on national media web sites are deriding the Northeast Conference as one of the worst in the country, that's never a good sign. (One college hoops writer basically used it as the prime example of a "low major conference" in a debate about what exactly "mid-major" meant.)

The AE would be smart to ride out this next wave of teams changing leagues, which begins in earnest with the additions to the Big East next year, the radical realignment of Conference USA as a result (six current CUSA schools leaving for other leagues), and the additions to the A10 and ACC.

These changes will bring a trickle down effect that could shake loose some other schools that would better fit the mold of the America East.

Also, I would strongly recommend against posting the plans for a variety of reasons.

The first being, since they have not been released publicly yet, that is going to make someone in particular very angry.

The second is that everyone has a general idea of who you are, and at least what team you represent. So the aforementioned angry person will know where "the leak" came from.

Third is that it could jeopardize the board's generally good standing within the department if the first person is as mad as I presume they will be.