UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Danes picked #141

Interesting prognosis. It seems like the reviewers did their homework quite well. Wow, to be ranked in the top half of Division I after only a few seasons. Not a bad accomplishment. I hope that all the ingredients who built this program to this point get their just reward.

Good post:

1. I wonder who they will pick to win the conference tournament - they don't project Albany going to the NCAA's.

2. Impressed with his thoughts on Covington. There wasn't much info out there on him this season, let's hope he can live up to those expectations.

3. It's obviously great to be on the list and to be on the ESPN bracket projections and I can't wait for the season to start to see how it all shapes up.

Yup, that's why olddog 71 said "supposedly." Great review..very happy with it. I agree, the author certainly did his homework. Glad to see Covington get such positive words. I was thinking Connelly looked very very good and am happy to see that they essentailly think Jimmie is even better. Can't wait for November!! :D

i think they are gonna give it to Boston as the team that makes it, which is understandable, being that they were up there all last year. Got to give respect where it is due. I think this guy feels its a close 2nd place to whoever wins it, BUT, he feels if they play strong enough in March, which we had trouble with near the end of the season, this team can easily win the conference.

Very good review and a fair one. I still think we are gonna win this thing and shock the world.

I still think we are gonna win this thing and shock the world. - GreatDanes84

"shock the world" ... one of my favorite lines, print up the t-shirts ... i don't want to wish away the summer, but i'm already looking forward to the 05-06 season ... no pressure on the kids and coaches, but the first dance in march will be special (along with the second beating of siena in early december)

Great to see some publicity, I think I graduated a year early :-(

Def. going to try to make it up to see this exciting team, what a difference a few years makes, now we have multiple options at each position, I remember a few years back when we barely had a starting five. Now we can give our starters the rest they need, and can turn it over to people like Covington, Siggers, Lillis, and Wilson. Could easily be one of the deepest teams in AE.

I still feel that BU will be picked to win the tourney although we have the most returnees and will make as much noise as possible.

Seeing Albany in my bracket would be so great, 1st round upset a-la Vermont!

I mentioned it earlier in the year, but now with seeing them ranked #138 in this top 144 in 144 day list, it would've been AWESOME to get St. John's to come to the RACC to play. I don't know the logistics enough to know if it would be realistic at all to have them play at our place, but it would be a competative game against two pretty equal teams in terms of talent and skill, and if we got the win, it would be against a very recognizable name. Also, with a lot of our student population from downstate, the city, and LI, I think student turn-out (let alone community) would be very very good, as St. John's is a big team down there...and was even better when they were growing up.

Never going to happen; St. John's plays one of those games a year (excepting Niagera which is their sister school...so it is kinda of part of the package), usually Hofstra or SBU. Those two games are easy to explain to Alumns. A 3 hour treck up I-87 for a potential loss would be something Alumns could not bear.

As a huge SJU fan and former season ticket holder, I would love to see the game. This is the last chance SJU will be bad. Norm Roberts is bringing in some talent and they will be very good in a few years.