UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

VBall on WCDB Sunday/Progress Report...

Good Evening everyone,

I wanted to inform you that WCDB Albany 90.9FM will be broadcasting LIVE Sunday from University Gymnasium as the UAlbany Great Danes Women's Volleyball team tries to defeat the first place Binghamton Bearcats. This will be an exciting matchup and I encourage everyone to tune in as Jordan Moore and I bring everyone LIVE play by play and color commentary. You can also log onto http://wcdb.albany.edu and listen to the match online.

Also, please send us your feedback about the WCDB Sports Department. We recently wrote a press release regarding our reorganization. Do you think we have been more interactive with all of you? What have we done well? What can we improve on? We definitely want to hear from everyone on how we can put a better product on the airwaves.

Mike Landsman

Sports Director - WCDB Albany 90.9FM

Great game today against Binghamton.

It was wonderful to regain the upper hand in the league with this match. I understand that Albany would win the league championship if we were to tie Bingo with even win-loss records.

Very convincing victory.

This match was the first televised match I have heard this season. Good job, WCDB! You came through loud and clear even though I am not located in the Capital District.

I was at the match today so I didn't catch the broadcast. I got some of the pre-game on the way in and the post-game on the way out. Good to hear you guys are adding some broadcasts including possibly the last game of the season at Hartford.

I meant to go down to introduce myself to both of you but got chatting after the game.

i mean me and mike will be the first to admit were not experts...were learning the game as it goes along. We feel we are getting better, and we know there is sitll more we can improve on. Were just glad people are listening. We want you guys to here the game, thats the best we can offer. May not be the best, but will give it to you. But thanks

I noticed in the program that the Binghamton team had three Ashleys on their roster. Does naming a child "Ashley" preclude that she will eventually become a collegiate volleyball player? I'm not about to check the rosters of all the other AE volleyball teams but it is a curiosity that both these teams have so many Ashleys.

Pretty sure it was Ashlee Crenshaw who sang the national anthem yesterday. Between women's hoops (Tamika Thrower) and volleyball that also seems to be a recruiting criteria-bring in a player who can sing. I should have asked Coach Brown last weekend which player he was going to send out to sing the anthem this year.

BTW 84. I caught seems like some of the previous games on WCDB. It seems to me volleyball is harder to do play by play on than most of the other sports you guys do. Tough to identify players when the plays are so quick. You guys did a good job of it though.

I noticed in the program that the Binghamton team had three Ashleys on their roster.  Does naming a child "Ashley" preclude that she will eventually become a collegiate volleyball player?  I'm not about to check the rosters of all the other AE volleyball teams but it is a curiosity that both these teams have so many Ashleys.

9999[/snapback]

I think you can apply that to Field Hockey as well (maybe not UA, but other places.) Lindsay is also a big one.

Dane 96, I think we should work on developing this concept a little more. It could facilitate recruiting. "Hello, Trudy. I'm sorry, we know you're all-state, but you won't make it at the college level." "Hello, Ashley. No need to send the tapes. Here's your scholarship."

Dane 96, I think we should work on developing this concept a little more.  It could facilitate recruiting.  "Hello, Trudy.  I'm sorry, we know you're all-state, but you won't make it at the college level."  "Hello, Ashley.  No need to send the tapes.  Here's your scholarship."

10003[/snapback]

I need to contact Coach Sheffield. Between my attorney job and my bartending, I meet alot of well-to-do families who have "Ashley" babies. It is an old Brahman (Cabot/Lodge) thing in New England (a concept a NYC boy like myself is still trying to grasp); have daughter name her Ashley, Lindsay, Cory, Bethany...et al.

If Coach likes your concept of handing out scholarships to "Ashley's", I can tap into my Boston network and have these parents start training their "Ashley's" as early as 5 years old.

You have Coach's direct line?!

Seriously though, what a tribute these Ashley's are, along with the rest of the team, to Coach Sheffield's constant desire to succee. The entire team seems to be balanced in life, both physically and mentally. I only wish there were one more game in Boston this year so I can introduce myself to the team and thank them for what they have done for the University!

Edited by Dane96