UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Bracket Buster Game

While I wouldn't mind one of those schools I was actually hoping it wouldn't be a MAAC school. Some of the fun of this game is that you're guaranteed a home game against them next year. Since the MAAC schools are already coming to Albany next year to play Siena I was hoping we'd get someone different in the area. We don't have a great RPI so I'm not sure we'll get a premium game but there are some interesting choices out there.

Some compelling matchups for this year and next:

Hofstra

Northeastern

or for recruiting purposes one of the midwest schools

Miami (Ohio)

Loyola (Illinois)

Southern Illinois

Here's the whole list of home teams:

Austin Peay, Ball State, Boise State, Bowling Green, Bradley, Cal State-Fullerton, UC Irvine, UC Riverside, Central Michigan, College of Charleston, Cleveland State, Creighton, Drexel, Eastern Illinois, Eastern Kentucky, Evansville, Hawaii, Hofstra, Jacksonville State, Kent State, Louisiana-Lafayette, Loyola (Ill.), Loyola (Md.), Manhattan, Miami (Ohio), Montana, Montana State, Murray State, Nevada, Northeastern, Northern Iowa, Ohio, Old Dominion, Pacific, Saint Mary’s (Calif.), Saint Peter’s, San Jose State, Southern Illinois, Utah State, Valparaiso, Virginia Commonwealth, Western Kentucky, Western Michigan, Wichita State, Winthrop, UW-Green Bay and UW-Milwaukee.

I agree with Dane84. Manhattan or Iona... If we can keep winning until the selections are made we deserve a top ranked team from another conference. Manhattan is slotted as a #12 in the most recent Bracketology. A win here could move the AE up a bit compared to the MAAC. I'd say attacking ODU and the Colonial but that might be too big a jump. Northern Iowa would be fun for obvious reasons.

When all is said and done I'd like to play a team projected to be in the tourney rather than playing a 3rd ranked team from a larger Mid-Major.

I'm hoping for a non-MAAC school as well. Northeastern would be kinda cool to see where we are compared to the AE-defector, but I'd prefer to play a team that we haven't played anytime recently, preferably with some sort of name recognition since we get a home game out of them next year.

The Bracket Board has a page that compares the "home" teams to the "away" teams for the Buster. Comparable RPIs play a large role in it, so it looks like there are some cool posibilities like Valpo, Pacific, Hawaii (road trip anyone?..lol), Ohio, or even Utah State.

I'm excited to see who we get. Hopefully we can keep the winning up in hopes of getting an even higher quality match up.

I'd like that too but Buffalo is a road team this year also.

11 of the 50 games are televised by ESPN-6 on ESPN and ESPN2 and the other 5 on ESPNU. I'm guessing they would pick those 11 by RPI. According to the link GoDanes provided Albany is 19th with a week and a half to go before the pairings date.