UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Bracket Buster Stories

In other news, the Gazette has Charlie reporting over 2,500 pre-sale for the BPG, about double the previous years. Even sponsors are calling for tickets. BPG record is 4,091, RACC record for a UAlbany game is 4,165 (1993 D-III tournament vs. NYU). Too bad there's only one home game after that (plus we hope the conference championship).

In other news, the Gazette has Charlie reporting over 2,500 pre-sale for the BPG, about double the previous years. Even sponsors are calling for tickets. BPG record is 4,091, RACC record for a UAlbany game is 4,165 (1993 D-III tournament vs. NYU). . .

11492[/snapback]

That's great news! I had hoped at the onset of this season that we would pack the RACC at least once, fully cognizant of the fact that it has never been done. I think the excitement of the Binghamton game and the fact that the other DI team in town is going through some struggles lately would entice some fence sitters to join in the annual revelry.

I also hope that this game is being hyped on campus a lot. It's most effective when we have a large student outpouring. Can anyone from the student side make any comment on the game preparations, besides the flag?

I spread the word to everyone about the basketball team and not many people even know that the team this year is actually pretty good. You guys wonder why the student turnouts arent that high, I'll tell you why. Tomorrow for our hall the school scheduled a mandatory hall meeting at 9:15. Hmmmm wait, but thats during the basketball game. Obviosly the Resedential Life does not care and there is no way to escape these meetings. That is f'd-up

"You guys wonder why the student turnouts arent that high, I'll tell you why. Tomorrow for our hall the school scheduled a mandatory hall meeting at 9:15. Hmmmm wait, but thats during the basketball game. Obviosly the Resedential Life does not care and there is no way to escape these meetings. That is f'd-up" - UA'08

shoot Charlie V., Dr. McElroy, and Dr. Hall an e-mail w/ mention of this problem ... it may result in lines of communication being opened ... perhaps residential life will begin to "care" if the senior administrators demonstrate w/ contact that they do

"You guys wonder why the student turnouts arent that high, I'll tell you why. Tomorrow for our hall the school scheduled a mandatory hall meeting at 9:15. Hmmmm wait, but thats during the basketball game. Obviosly the Resedential Life does not care and there is no way to escape these meetings. That is f'd-up" - UA'08

shoot Charlie V., Dr. McElroy, and Dr. Hall an e-mail w/ mention of this problem ... it may result in lines of communication being opened ... perhaps residential life will begin to "care" if the senior administrators demonstrate w/ contact that they do

11499[/snapback]

If I had their e-mail address I would.

I spread the word to everyone about the basketball team and not many people even know that the team this year is actually pretty good. You guys wonder why the student turnouts arent that high, I'll tell you why. Tomorrow for our hall the school scheduled a mandatory hall meeting at 9:15. Hmmmm wait, but thats during the basketball game. Obviosly the Resedential Life does not care and there is no way to escape these meetings. That is f'd-up

11498[/snapback]

You can get out of the meetings if you want to and have a decent reason (ie, the game). Shoot me an email or PM with your RA/RD name if you're worried about cathcing any flack. And you're sophmore right? It's harder to get out of these meetings if you're a freshman.

Simple solution--Explain to your RD & RA that Pres. Hall will give them extra points if they attend the game with the residents and have the meeting after the game. (My apologies to Pres. Hall for taking the words out of his mouth) We didn't have this problem in my day--be it 45+ years ago--all the RA's went to the game and the one that had to stay in the dorm and watch it over closed circuit was really PO'd.

11498[/snapback]

You can get out of the meetings if you want to and have a decent reason (ie, the game). Shoot me an email or PM with your RA/RD name if you're worried about cathcing any flack. And you're sophmore right? It's harder to get out of these meetings if you're a freshman.

11501[/snapback]

GODANESGO, can you get me and some of the people on my floor out of the meeting tonite? My RA spoke to the RD and said it was mandatory.

11498[/snapback]

11501[/snapback]

GODANESGO, can you get me and some of the people on my floor out of the meeting tonite? My RA spoke to the RD and said it was mandatory.

11520[/snapback]

Haha, I'll see what I can do.

We didn't have this problem in my day--be it 45+ years ago--all the RA's went to the game and the one that had to stay in the dorm and watch it over closed circuit was really PO'd.

11507[/snapback]

Am I reading that right? You used to be able to watch all the games in the dorm room 40 years ago? I don't remember being able to do that when I was there although that was 15 years ago.

11520[/snapback]

Have you ever known one of these meetings to start on time? Stay at the RACC until 9:10 and hope it's over or we've got it wrapped up by then.

11520[/snapback]

Have you ever known one of these meetings to start on time? Stay at the RACC until 9:10 and hope it's over or we've got it wrapped up by then.

11523[/snapback]

Mandatory, shmandatory...I think I made one in my two years on campus...but made everyone of my "off-campus" mandatory house parties! :D