UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

TU-Contract Extension Talks

That's very good news. I also like the story on Levi. It gave some insight on Brown's handling of the team, which I think he has done very well. Clearly, Will Brown is growing in this job and will only get better and better.

Yeah, that comment bothered me a little but often what appears in print in the TU or any media outlet is taken out of context. We don't know what discussion preceded the comment. I am going to be optimistic about this because I think McElroy is a bright guy and knows that we have a good thing going here. Just the same, we all should take every opportunity to convey our support of Will Brown to McElroy. It would also help to let Will know that we appreciate what he has done and look forward to many more years of his tenureship and next Monday night would be a great time to do that.

I think McElroy is a bright guy and knows that we have a good thing going here. Just the same, we all should take every opportunity to convey our support of Will Brown to McElroy. - UA66

i expect to see a number of pro-Brown editorials in the sunday TU responding to the "Great Danes win in spite of coach" piece ... a "multiyear extension" would certainly be good news

Heck with the extension stuff.

It's time for a new contract.

With his players the coach has proven he can compete in the AE.

9-9 last season - 4th in the AE, when the league was its strongest in years. Teams 1-3 went to the post season.

11-2 so far this season ( no worse than 2nd).

Over the last 2 seasons 20-11 in conference. 16-8 overall this season is a great accomplishment considering we were 5 -23 in 03/04.

The administration gave Brown a great opportunity when Beeten was let go and they asked him to be the Interim Coach.

Finishing the last 2/3 of the season he was evaluated and the interim was taken away and he was awarded a 3 year deal.

The administration has had 3 more years to evaluate him and as he the young coach promised he has built a program the right way and put UA in a position to be competitive in the AE year in and out.

Therefore, it is my opinion, that with his players he has brought UA into the top half of the conference - reward him with a new contract that is on par with those coaches in the top half of the conference in regard to salary and length of contract. That would seem to be a fair solution.

Heck with the extension stuff.

It's time for a new contract.

With his players the coach has proven he can compete in the AE.

9-9 last season - 4th in the AE, when the league was its strongest in years. Teams 1-3 went to the post season.

11-2 so far this season ( no worse than 2nd).

Over the last 2 seasons 20-11 in conference. 16-8 overall this season is a great accomplishment considering we were 5 -23 in 03/04.

The administration gave Brown a great opportunity when Beeten was let go and they asked him to be the Interim Coach.

Finishing the last 2/3 of the season he was evaluated and the interim was taken away and he was awarded a 3 year deal.

The administration has had 3 more years to evaluate him and as he the young coach promised he has built a program the right way and put UA in a position to be competitive in the AE year in and out.

Therefore, it is my opinion, that with his players he has brought UA into the top half of the conference - reward him with a new contract that is on par with those coaches in the top half of the conference in regard to salary and length of contract. That would seem to be a fair solution.

11870[/snapback]

Didn't think of it that way. Can an 'extension' include a pay raise? Or is that the difference between the extension and a new contract?

Based on my knowledge of sports, generally when an player with an exisiting expiring contract is re-signing with a team they consider it to be an extension, as in "an extension of the period of employment" it in no way means at the same pay rate.

Although from my perspective the pay rate for Coach Brown is his business, I am sure he knows what he is worth in the market based on his performance this year and will make sure he is rewarded appropriately. I don't care about the number after the $$ I care about the number that goes right before "years".

Therefore, it is my opinion, that with his players he has brought UA into the top half of the conference - reward him with a new contract that is on par with those coaches in the top half of the conference in regard to salary and length of contract. That would seem to be a fair solution. - Patch

Times Union used the term "multi-year extension" ... semantics ... (most) all agree he deserves a number of years at a market competitive salary ... appears as though we are headed in the right direction ... :D