UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Siena Trumps UA again

From the Siena site

"Re: McCaffery says he's here for long haul"In response to message #2

This means alot...

"He's done such a great job," D'Argenio said. "We want to make sure he knows that. Obviously, I tell him that, but sometimes you have to do something a little more than words, and I'm sure we'll be willing to do that."

On a day when we should be in the Limelight the Times Useless and Siena trump the Danes with an article of appreciation for their Coach.

I read nothing today from our AD regarding Coach Brown and the job he's done.

Hell, he's guided us from 5 wins to 20 in two year!!!!!!! Add to that an AE Regular season Championship, 2 Nationally televised games in 1 year ( how much free national adverting does that add up to), a guaranteed post season tourney bid and he's done it with good kids.

Where's the love?????

Even Siena fan/alum Paul Vandenburg was hyping Brown this morning on his show (after McCaffrey of course).

Along the lines of can't understand the administration.

12400[/snapback]

Jeesh..guys let it go. They will announce Brown's contract AFTER the season. He will be here, wants to be here, and only will leave (IMHO) if a Big Time conference comes calling. The school and Brown are on the record as negotiating as of last week.

The times union usefulness is for one thing: Using it to pick up St. Bernard doggie pooh.

Hope to see some of you on Saturday.....

Yeah I'm sick of this Siean bias in the TU. Not like this will do anything but I wrote a letter to the editor this morning...

I will admit I haven’t picked up a copy of the Times Union in 4 months. This isn’t due to my outrage that they continue to be overlooked by Siena College day in and day out, but mainly due to the fact that I live in Bowling Green, OH.

As a Great Dane alum and former Capital Region resident for 23 years I’m tired of the constant bias that the TU puts on the shoulders of the college from Loudonville.

Sure the Saints have had a great run in the Capital Region. From the looks of things with Fran McCaffrey at the helm of what looked to be a disheveled program, things will be fine for the Green and Gold. But move over Saints, there’s a new dog in town.

It doesn’t help the Dane’s cause that the Saints play home in a 10,000 seat arena in downtown Albany. It definitely doesn’t help the cause that UAlbany is only finishing their seventh season at the Division I-AA level. And of course it doesn’t help that the Pepsi Arena and Siena College garner the revenue and popularity of hosting their conference tournament (and not just a single game) what seems to be every other year.

For those of us who use the TU’s website to keep informed about local sports and news the favoritism exists here as well. Take the logo for the two teams in the college sports section. Last time I checked A came before S. Not the way you have it.

And then there’s the blog of Michael Hadix during the conference tournament. Of course we’re all sorry for his misfortune last summer with his injury sidelining him this season. But why not have a blog from the America East tournament? Why not get inside the head of a local product that is one game away from being named America East Tournament MVP? (By the way his name is Lucious Jordan in case you didn’t know since he gets overlooked for players that aren’t even playing)

With a win Saturday the TU will really need to begin rethinking the way they cover local sports and I’m sure you will. Unfortunately, you’ll just be another person waiting in line to get on the Great Danes bandwagon. Let’s Go Danes!

Let us know if you get a response. Another year like this and they won't be able to use the 'Siena has better support in the region' excuse.

BTW, UA is Division I; the "I-AA" sub-classification applies only to football, and by that standard Siena is I-AAA since they have no football.

I am seriously considering canceling my TU subscription. I didn't even see an article on Saturday's LAX game. Did I miss it? I guess since Siena lost they only felt the need to print the box score. I understand it was a big basketball weekend, but our LAX team is nationally ranked!

Let us know if you get a response.  Another year like this and they won't be able to use the 'Siena has better support in the region' excuse.

BTW, UA is Division I; the "I-AA" sub-classification applies only to football, and by that standard Siena is I-AAA since they have no football.

12404[/snapback]

I will def. let you know if I get a response. Also, I know that the AA stands for football but I put that in there for the exact reason that Siena doesn't have football.

And those of you who went to Bing probably missed this Puff Piece on the OP-ED page about Iona fans for god's sake waxing rhapsodic about the MAAC tournament.

12398[/snapback]

I did see that puff piece. Someone had the TU at the game and showed it to me. My only comment was. Can I take the article just in case the hotel runs out of toilet paper. That is about all the TU is useful for on most days anyway.

I don't worry too much about the lack of coverage in the TU other than I mock the TU. If they don't want to cover what I want to read, they don't get my 50 cents. If they can't figure out their lack of coverage to the area's top dog impacts their circulation in a negative way it is not my problem. Fortunately we don't need them for news.

For what it's worth, McElroy has been giving Brown credit lately (starting this past wkend)

In the past, if you asked him why the Danes were doign well, he'd list about 5 things before naming the coaching staff - and even then he wouldn't mention brown by name.

For the first time, on Sunday, he used Brown as a main reason for the about the contract situation.

ok clearly, i'm still sleepy from the weekend

here's what i meant to type:

For what it's worth, McElroy has been giving Brown credit lately (starting this past wkend)

In the past, if you asked him why the Danes were doing well, he'd list about 5 things before naming the coaching staff - and even then he wouldn't mention brown by name.

For the first time, on Sunday, he used Brown as a main reason for the success of the program but said he would not talk to us about the contract situation.