UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Best Ever

I only go back 20 years, but it has to be Jamar Wilson. Always tough to compare era's but by the time he's done he should be AE rookie of the year and 2 time player of the year. I think he's also on pace to be the University's all time leading scorer. And he's just fun to watch. The way he broke down UConn's D showed what a talent he really is.

Always tough to compare era's ... 

13813[/snapback]

Got that right. Rich Margison - now interim AD at UAB - averaged 21.0, led the team to its first NCAA, but only played 67 games - freshmen weren't eligible, and they only played 22 games per year.

Gary Holway - 24.9 ppg in 55-56, alltime leading scorer in only 2 games more than Jamar has now, and on the first Albany team to beat $iena. Also the 3rd-best rebounding year ever.

Both of them of course played before the 3-point shot and the shot clock. I'm not sure Jamar's jump-stop and scoop shot wouldn't have been called for travelling then either.

Don Cohen - still the top rebounder

Winston Royal - took a year off to play for the Dominican National team.

Don't know who's the best ever, but these guys are all in the team picture.

YEAH - you can't compare eras and you can't compare levels

All the guys mentioned were great players in their own right.

How would they have been at the DI level or with the shot clock or the three point line we'll never know.

Lets just say, well I think it's safe to say Jamar is the greatest DI Level player we have had.

Edited by Patch

Patch is correct, you can't compare. I played with Holway and have seen Margison, Graber and Wilson many times. They were/are very talented. So be it that Wilson is our best DI player and now he has a lot of support which perhaps the previous players did not have--such is the life of DIII. Game is completely different with clock and 3-pointer.

All sports change--just think what Babe Ruth would have done with steroids instead of beer and hot dogs!