UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Last years no call

Should the foul have been called?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since I can’t post on the Siena board and take part in the discussion about last years game, I just wanted to see what the general consensus is amongst our fans in regard to the no call at the end of last years game.

In my opinion, them not calling that foul was the right call by the officials. I wouldn’t want an official deciding the outcome of the game….and face it we stunk for a good part of that game and fell way behind. Great comeback that simply fell short, as we ran out of steam and were completely out of gas come OT. As much as it pains me to say in my opinion Siena deserved that game more then us……granted at that point in the season we were not playing our best ball....far from it. So the question is....should that foul have been called?

Edited by bosiydid

One of my main grievences with the Pepsi Arena. You pay more for the ticket and can't see the action on the other end of the court very well.

I know it's politically incorrect to say this here but the achievements of the rest of the season negated the impact of this game to me. That game and the win over Iona were Siena's Superbowl. They look at it now much like we used to look at this game before we had any chance of postseason play.

I'd like to be greedy and have both but if I had to choose I'd take the wins in March over the win in November.

Are you kidding me? of course it matters. And of course the refs blew the call. The fact that Siena players even admitted afterwards that Jamar was pretty well hacked, not to mention all of us who saw it clearly, is pretty telling.

That's not taking away from Siena's performace througout the game as much as it's giving Albany credit for sticking to it and putting togetherr a hell of a run.

I know Siena fans are gonna' say 'a win is a win is a win' but at the end of the day, we know who the better team was.

I know Siena fans are gonna' say 'a win is a win is a win' but at the end of the day, we know who the better team was.

14840[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more, and the better team is the one playing "meaningful games" on the second Thursday in March, televised by CBS. If making the tournament last year meant we had to lose to Siena to get our heads on straight then we are better off for it.

My first reaction was to be disgusted with Jamar for not making a better attempt at making the shot, not at the ref for not making the call. Therefore I voted no.

With that said I think people forget how much growth this team went through during the season. They basically needed to learn how to win. Both coach Brown and the team performed at a much higher level at year’s end than they did in early December. Rolling through the AE tournament and a great game against UCONN is a tribute to this. At the time of the Siena game, Siena was the better team. If they played later in the season, I would have expected Albany to perform at a higher level as I suspect Siena would have. But they’re not in our conference and we don’t get to play them twice, therefore they keep the bragging rights until next year.

I don't understand this dwelling on the results of an OT game in November. How can anyone still care about November after the conference tournament and the NCAA. Is there another team in the nation that made the tournament that worries about a loss to a crap team in November. I am sure every team that made the tournament lost to at least one team they should haven beaten. Sure it sucked to lose to loundonville, but March made that a moot point at least to me!