UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

144 Teams in a 144days

College Hoopnet publishes a list of the Top 144 Teams one a day for 144 days.

Last season UA appeared on it at 141 this season they are at 133 already and no mention of UA.

Will Albany be listed this year?

If you think so - where will they be listed?

College Hoopnet publishes a list of the Top 144 Teams one a day for 144 days.

Last season UA appeared on it at 141 this season they are at 133 already and no mention of UA.

Will Albany be listed this year?

If you think so - where will they be listed?

15207[/snapback]

Around 110. They have to be listed if they were listed last year.

Last year BU was picked to win the AE and was ranked 122.

I think we get 89 this year.

I'd really like to see us break the top 100.

I am hoping to see one or two other AE schools in the mix but my guess is they won't be able to choose a clear cut #2 so they will leave them all out.

NYR - I guess you feel we will be picked to win the AE again?

Remember UVM has their entire starting team back, UNH should be stronger, Maine will have Kevin Reed back, Boston U has reloaded, Binghamton will be tough again and Stony Brook has like 100 new players. I'm not sure how strong UMBC will be this coming year.

The AE could be very interesting

Also, Hartford should be stronger, too. Even though they have lost Adeleke, the team will be much more balanced, and the school has a new crop of incoming athletes. The biggest factor in Hartford's improvement will be the new coach. In summary, this year should see a much more competitive AE. It's too bad the OOC games are played at the beginning of the season. All the teams should reap the rewards of better coaches and players by the end of the season. It will be much more difficult for UA to repeat as the winner of the best conference record. We had a 13-3 conference record before the tournament. UA had only one poor conference game: at UVM. The other two pre-tournament conference losses were small OT losses to UNH. It will be very hard for UA to surpass that run.

I'm gonna' guess 98. Anything lower would be wishful thinking at best.

As for this season, the one team that makes me real nervous is vermont. I can see their point guard being as good as the one who played with coppenrath. And their coach is as good as brown, if not better.

Edited by ASP Guy

NYR - I guess you feel we will be picked to win the AE again?

Remember UVM has their entire starting team back, UNH should be stronger, Maine will have Kevin Reed back, Boston U has reloaded, Binghamton will be tough again and Stony Brook has like 100 new players. I'm not sure how strong UMBC will be this coming year.

The AE could be very interesting

15212[/snapback]

I know this and you know this about the AE but what is the national perception?

I think the entire league will improve accross the board but get no recognition unless it is proven in OOC play. I suspect Albany to get a bit over ranked and I came up with 89. I do think <100 is possible.

Do I think UA will be the pre-season #1 in the AE?...yes

I would guess in the 115 to 120 range. I don't know that Albany should be ranked any higher but from the media perspective, there has been a lot of exposure and the reigning POY is back so I would not be surprised at a high ranking but given that BU was 122 last year, I would think 115 to 120 is reasonable.

That actually seems like a pretty knowledgable write up about them. I'm a little surprised they picked them that high but they are getting Haddix back. I'm very curious in Ubiles, they and others seem very high on him.

As for this season, the one team that makes me real nervous is vermont. I can see their point guard being as good as the one who played with coppenrath.

I don't know that Vermont is athletic enough - I do think they will be one of the top teams in the conference, but in the first game last year (as I recall), I believe that Vermont changed their lineup and that may have thrown Albany. I think Jamar singlehandedly kept UA in the game until he had foul trouble. That may have also been the game right after Brent hurt his wrist and missed almost every shot.

In the second and third games, I think Albany was just more athletic and UVM couldn't match it.

Albany will be more athletic this year with the addition of Ross and development of Siggers. Anything can happen in a game, but I believe that Albany has more talent.

Re: the point guard, I do think he's good, but it's way too early to compare him to Sorrentine (IMO). I also think that he is moving to the 2 as they are bringing in a new PG.

And their coach is as good as brown, if not better.

Not sure how you can draw that conclusion.

$iena's at #129.

15236[/snapback]

Seems a little high given that they finished 128 the final Sarigan Ratings last year and lost their 2 best players. But they are also projecting the maac to be down. Last year St Peter's was projected 4th in the maac and 131 overall. This years Siena at 129 is projected 2nd in the maac. Hopefully AE can get back closer to the head to head record of 2 years ago vs the maac.

Also I would think we would have to wait a couple of weeks before we see UA in the rankings.

Siena's two best players are still on the roster: Kenny Hasbrouck and Mike Haddix.

15245[/snapback]

Siena's 2 best players on last seasons roster were Scoop and KOJO. Scoop was the only Siena player on the first team all maac and KoJo was the only other Siena player to make an all maac team(3rd team). Haddix is a question mark He was a good player before the injury, but my understanding is his injury is one that difficult to come back from and be the player one was before the injury.

That's your opinion. How many Siena games did you watch last year? Three or four.

After watching all 28, I realized how good Kenny Hasbrouck is. Kojo was good but Hasbrouck did it all score, dish, play defense, shoot, drive. He's a more complete player.

I wouldn't worry about Haddix he's in awesome shape I've been told.