UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany Ranked # 25

The Mid-Major Poll is out, as reported first by NYR on the AE Board.

Rankings of Note:

Bucknell #6

Albany #25

UNC-Wilmington- Right behind the Danes!

Saturday should be a doozy. If we win...I would suspect a MAJOR jump in the poll.

Bucknell is getting some top 25 votes. Probably the first time a men's team has come into the RACC getting votes.

Not so skip ahead to game two but Delaware has suspended their returning leading scorer for our game against them. UD Suspends Cannon - News Journal

Rankings of Note:

Bucknell #6

Albany #25

Saturday should be a doozy. If we win...I would suspect a MAJOR jump in the poll.

17320[/snapback]

I guess you don't have to beat a team with an RPI in the top 150 the previous year to make the preseason list.

Rankings of Note:

Bucknell #6

Albany #25

17320[/snapback]

I guess you don't have to beat a team with an RPI in the top 150 the previous year to make the preseason list.

17331[/snapback]

Any intelligent person knows the RPI is just one tool and it has flaws. Not sure why you Siena guys think it is the be all end all when even the NCAA admits it flawed.

There have been plenty of times when one at large team with a worse RPI has been selected to the tournament over a team with a better RPI because of numerous other factors.

Also, it is poll for this season so it doesn't really have anything to do with last season. It is a projection for this season. That is why you see Albany in it and the ONLY MAAC team(Marist) expected to be worth a damn this season in it.

Any intelligent person knows the RPI is just one tool and it has flaws. Not sure why you Siena guys think it is the be all end all when even the NCAA admits it  flawed.

There have been plenty of times when one at large team with a worse RPI has been selected to the tournament over a team with a better RPI because of numerous other factors.

Also, it is poll for this season so it doesn't really have anything to do with last season. It is a projection for this season. That is why you see Albany in it and the ONLY MAAC team(Marist) expected to be worth a damn this season in it.

17333[/snapback]

Wait a seond, hold the presses, call the times useless...you mean a a preseason ranking is based on what a team is supposed to do this season, not what they did last season? Holy cow, earth shattering discovery.

I would expect nothing less from Bob87, and I would expect nothing less then the uneducated response from a $iena fan.

Archived