UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Vermont

UA'08

Am I the only one who feels that Vermont stole our thunder and? After a big win Saturday they more than one up us beating a ranked ACC team. I don't know why everyone is happy that they won. The America East will never have more than one bid in the tournament. Who cares about how the rest of the conference does and RPI. The only way to the tournament is winning the conference. The worse the teams do the more of a chance we have at going back to the tournament. Maybe I'm just to use to rooting against teams in the same division like baseball and football.

Better conference play leads to better RPI and eventually better exposure for the teams in the conference. That exposure may be an NIT bid for a team that doesn't win the tournament or it may be a TV game in bracketbusters or a better tv contract for the conference.

Vermont is a very good team - they return all their starters from last year. IMO, they are the most complete team in the conference with some good depth. I'm not clear how they were voted third in the conference polls but they are very good.

IMO, it will be interesting to watch the growth of our front court players (I think we only had 2 baskets by front court players and one was a 3 by Brent). We will need them to keep improving

In conference we want every other team to finish two games under .500 while we go undefeated. Out of conference we want everybody undefeated so when we do win the conference tournament we get a higher seed with a decent chance to win a couple of games in the NCAAs.

Beside we don't want people to call the league America Least.

Am I the only one who feels that Vermont stole our thunder and? After a big win Saturday they more than one up us beating a ranked ACC team. I don't know why everyone is happy that they won. The America East will never have more than one bid in the tournament. Who cares about how the rest of the conference does and RPI. The only way to the tournament is winning the conference. The worse the teams do the more of a chance we have at going back to the tournament. Maybe I'm just to use to rooting against teams in the same division like baseball and football.

17615[/snapback]

Stole our thunder? UVM beating (bitch slapping actually) #14 BC only helps UAlbany's cause. It will do wonders for the AE RPI. If UAlbany wins the AE again, do you want them in as a #16 seed, or #14? That's what overall conference strength will do for a mid-major in March.

In conference we want every other team to finish two games under .500 while we go undefeated. Out of conference we want everybody undefeated so when we do win the conference tournament we get a higher seed with a decent chance to win a couple of games in the NCAAs.

Beside we don't want people to call the league America Least.

17617[/snapback]

With all of the bad AE losses over the weekend, its nice to see a conference foe beat a ranked opponent. Its also good to see Hartford give the Hoyas all they could handle. What's interesting about this is that UVM beats the same BC team that just crushed UNH by 40 over the weekend.

Colgate smokes Stony Brook. Maine loses to Harvard. LIU beats Bingamton. St. Peter's waxes UMBC. UA's win over Bucknell and UVM's victory against BC help give the AE at least some legitimacy early in the season

Hey it can only help the AE, keep in mind UVM did lose to a Maryland team last week. It just goes to show you that any team could win on any given day. We should use this as inspiration when we take on UConn and Utah this year.

Another Case and point: Talk about contrast UNH lost to a D2 team

Archived