UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

O/T: Building Board Harmony

haggyland

DP,

I am hopeful that one way to get posters to understand each other better is through an 'Open Forum' where any topic is allowed. I think it is worth a shot, but of course, I may be considered corny or unoriginal.

Anyways, if considered, I would like "Where is there a good place to get a juicy burger in the Capital Region?" as a topic.

Later.

-Haggyland

I don't know about that one. There are "sports" message board where that happens and it's just as bad or worse. I'm thinking of the Ivy League football forum where they talk about politics all the times. Other sketchy subjects would be pro sports - Red Sox vs. Yankees, Giants vs. Jets. Yuck. This is the one place I can avoid all that :)

I don't know about that one. There are "sports" message board where that happens and it's just as bad or worse. I'm thinking of the Ivy League football forum where they talk about politics all the times. Other sketchy subjects would be pro sports - Red Sox vs. Yankees, Giants vs. Jets. Yuck. This is the one place I can avoid all that :)

DP, you forgot the CAA board, where EVERY POST is agitated.

I think we are fine here...and things will move on.

Like the teams at UA at times, even board members go through tough times.

DP, valid point. I guess my view on the subject was more utopian, where a forum was created that would build solidarity and tolerance of the viewpoints of others. I had not really considered the ramifications of contentious relationships being further tested by differing viewpoints.

Although I still think that an open forum could be implemented that would make minimal impact on the board, its necessity is questionable. From an entirely selfish standpoint, sometimes I wonder about local things that have nothing to do with UAlbany, but for which I feel members of this board will have interesting viewpoints.

Case in point, while I respect the views of friends and family, I still want to know where other members think the best burger in Albany is presented.

Well hands down after a long night of Albany partying the best burger in town is without a doubt an Emmy Bull from "Dirty" Dan's Diner on Washington Ave. Its a heart attack on a plate but tastes so good. A bacon cheesburger with a fried egg on top.

Basically Din-fast, dinner and breakfast combined, which is why it is so appropriate at 4am. Oh and another great reason to go is to calm down after a hard night. No cursing is allowed in Dan's. You curse and you get tossed out, whether you're done with your food or not!!! I love that place...great Blue Berries muffins too!

Has something un-harmonious taken place?

Did I do it? I know that I have a habit of pissing people off but I have been away for a few days...

I know that I speak for DaneGuy04 and myself on this but I really like meeting the faces behind the posts.

I even don't mind SienaTony on most nights....

I think that we are a harmonious bunch.

The EMMY BULL RULES! That is how I put on a senior 15 living at 460 Washington Ave

SSS

Archived