UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Danes vs. Maine

Heading off to the Varsity Club get-together in a few minutes, looking forward to the game against Maine..Kevin Reed is an exciting player. Hopefully the Danes can pull out another win. Maine has some size inside, especially with shot-blocking ability, and likes to use the zone so we need to hit our shots tonight, especially around the perimeter. Assuming Giff will be out again, our big men (Jimmie, Connelly, and Brent) will need to play solid D down low, while staying out of foul trouble. I think we have enough offensive weapons to be safe on that side.

I hope for the players' sake (and Coach Brown's heart rate!..lol) that we see a very strong overall defensive effort tonight. Giving up 80+ points on nearly 60% shooting against Bingo and then 45% against UMBC on Tuesday (but managing to limit them to only 49 shots) I hope means we see a lock down against the Black Bears tonight...GO DANES!

This is funny. Listening on Fox980 on the web and watching the Live Stats. The radio is at least 5 to 10 seconds behind the live stats so I can see a made basket posted before Rodger announces it. We are back in front with Jamar leading the way. G0 DANES!

This is funny. Listening on Fox980 on the web and watching the Live Stats. The radio is at least 5 to 10 seconds behind the live stats so I can see a made basket posted before Rodger announces it. We are back in front with Jamar leading the way. G0 DANES!

Where are you viewing live stats? Thanks for your answer.

just got back from the game. Boys and girls, the America East needs to seriously take a look at officiating in this conference. I mean my gosh. If I was broadcasting this game tonight, I would have ripped these guys on air. It wasnt just against Maine, but Albany as well. I was watching Doc on multiple occasions and his head was shacking and his pen writing tons. Terrible terrible terrible is all I can say. The America East has a major situation on their hands when it comes to this.

Game wise, excellent game from Maine. I didnt think they would stop missing. But what a great run by the team, especialy Jamar. Alum, you ok from the kids? I thought they were going to rip you to shreds.

Nice win going into Vermont, who destroyed UMBC. Saturday is going to be a good one.

nice crowed. Student section was pretty empty, but what can you expect with vacation. However the students that were there, I am roomates with the guys who were very noisy tonight, made the atmosphere fun. I would say maybe around 2-3k.

By the way, for games I dont broadcast, for the sixth straight game I have gone to as a fan, I wore my old Albany t-shirt...6-0 now. I'm gonan wear it Monday night also.

Alum72, you ok from the kids? I thought they were going to rip you to shreds.

You mean the East Greenbush kids? we just waited until they left. Close call on a scramble for one t-for-three, though

Thought Lillis pulled a groin on that one fall. Lot of guys getting knocked around - but not the charge against Jamar, that was bogus.

just got back from the game. Boys and girls, the America East needs to seriously take a look at officiating in this conference. I mean my gosh. If I was broadcasting this game tonight, I would have ripped these guys on air. It wasnt just against Maine, but Albany as well. I was watching Doc on multiple occasions and his head was shacking and his pen writing tons. Terrible terrible terrible is all I can say. The America East has a major situation on their hands when it comes to this.

I try and never talk about the officiating, but there were some atrocious calls in the game tonight....

There was one I can remember where right before Jamar went in for a crowded lay-in, a Maine player grabbed the rim, causing the rim/backboard to shake....needless to say Jamar's shot rimmed out....no call on the still-shaking rim.

A few non-calls that should have been called...although Lillis needs to be careful...he's a foul machine.

the officiating tonight was terrible. I mean it was just piss poor. It wasnt just on Albany it was agianst Maine also. If this league wants to get serious about its basketball, they need to take a seriously look at the officiating in this conference because it continues to be some of the worst I have ever seen.

BY THE WAY, THE MOMENT OF THE NIGHT WAS THE KID DANCING...OOOOO MY GOSH THAT WAS AMAZING!

Yeah I think its a delay of about 15 seconds from Live. I listen to the games one my hand-held radio @ the games to hear the commentary. The delay is kinda nice b/c with the confusing and strange calls made by the lovely America East officials, after the call I can turn it up and pay close attention to get an explanantion. :)

Archived