UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Billy Allen

UA66

Reality Check!!!!!!!!

Unless you have travelled to Ohio, New Jersey and Long Island quite a few times I doubt you've seen much of these guys live.

We all "HOPE" they're great!!!!

Lets not hype people we haven't seen live against DI competition.

I'm sure the coaching staff loves their potential - otherwise they wouldn't have signed them early.

Leave the KoolAid Drinking to some other schools.

Lets just hope for the best this year and lets hope we can keep improving right through the AE Tourney.

Double AMEN

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forget it....! Even though I have on numerous occasions stated that "on paper" they are as good a class as any and even went on to explain "on paper" means nothing since at times players/teams that look good on paper don't look so hot on the floor. But the point is obviously lost on some here. I'm with alum73, lets wait and see what we get, there is reason for optimism but otherwise I'll put the koolaid down (one I never picked up). Let's get'r done tonight!

• 3 weeks later...

Updated season statistics (as of 2/18/7):

Also, looks like Allen's team won its conference, and play-offs will start on 2/27/7.

Cummulative Season Statistics

MIN FGM-A FG% 3PM-A 3P% FTM-A FT% OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS PPG

543 93-231 40.3% 29-107 27.1% 53-77 68.8% 27 86 113 67 33 23 43 40 268 14.1

Nice to see the rebound to his season....

• 3 weeks later...

Billy Allen was at yesterday's open practice at Nationwide Arena, along with some of his Hamilton teammates and their Parents.

Billy and his Mom were interviewed by Brent Martineau of FOX 23. They even brought along some of the "lucky" cookies for the Danes, that a Hamilton Mom makes for before every game.

Did you see him? How is he looking?

I was not lucky enough to be there in person----I saw Brent Martineau's piece on FOX-23 this morning. Billy looked good--very excited about coming to UA. I guess he will be at the game today too. The lucky cookies looked good. LUCKY 13!!!

I was not lucky enough to be there in person----I saw Brent Martineau's piece on FOX-23 this morning. Billy looked good--very excited about coming to UA. I guess he will be at the game today too. The lucky cookies looked good. LUCKY 13!!!

Your earlier post was very clear in that you saw it on Fox, Whoops.

Your earlier post was very clear in that you saw it on Fox, Whoops.

For what it's worth, 10 did the same. 10's really gone overboard on the Danes considering how they nearly killed their sports department a couple years back while 13 has treated them like an afterthought (though given what Wyland has done this week and that Catalon's a huge UA naysayer, it's slightly understandable).

• 5 weeks later...

Not sure if this was posted?

I found it interesting following Billy Allen - all season he seemingly struggled and wasn't dominant.

Yet!!!!

His team won their conference

He was the "Player of the Year".

Boys Basketball - All Conference

Updated: 3/10/2007

Coach Of The Year

Larry Allen - Hamilton

Athlete Of The Year

Billy Allen - Hamilton

First Team

NAME SCHOOL GRADE

Billy Allen Hamilton Senior

Brandon Baker Milford Junior

Ryan Butler Hamilton Senior

Eugene Clifford Colerain Senior

Matt Mink Fairfield Senior

Allen Roberts Middletown Sophomore

Rob Schloemer Lakota West Senior

Rafee Smith Lakota East Senior

Alex Tyree Princeton Senior

It seems like we tend to key on one recruit every year (or at least I do) and this year it's been Raffa in part because we've had great media coverage of him - especially on Youtube. Also because Raffa put up ridiculous numbers.

It should be interesting to see how Allen's game translate to college. It might not be right but I envision him as a Colin McIntosh-type player. If we got that type of production from him I'd be pretty happy.

I have no idea what to expect from Allen but he must be a pretty good player. He was POY in his Conference and I thought he was having a disappointing year.

He also recently played in the Ohio vs Kentucky All Star Game won by Ohio 105-104 and contributed 8 points.

He also made 1st Team All Southern District (whatever that is)?????

I think he could be a real keeper.

I'm also very interested in Tim Ambrose - when a kid playing in the IS8 Spring League in NYC is called a tremendous athlete that's a real compliment because 90% of the players who play there are very good athletes.

Archived